Piety Suggestions Consolidated, WIP

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Seven Sons of Sin

Piety Suggestions Consolidated, WIP

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:23 am

This thread seeks to consolidate all of the many piety suggestions. I apologize if there’s piecesmissing, please just let me know what it is so I can add it. Suggestions are grouped under General and the named Aspect.

General Suggestions
  • I also think consecrating an altar should grant piety, and not consume it - though I imagine there could've been a balance/abuse justification for this feature.
  • It would be cool though if you could donate magic blood or [insert item here] to an altar instead of always having to pray or cough up gold.
  • Maybe add some unique qualifiers like, for sea deities, raise rp the more time you spend in sea/boat areas, stuff like that.
  • Make the piety gains scale depending on whether the god is a major, intermediate, lesser, or whataveyou. Greater gods would gain you piety more at a time than lesser ones.
  • Also I'd like to see the praying rewards altered. Like increased chance to find better treasure for trickery. Or a random boon for items made in crafting for knowledge and invention. This could be tied to a mode that can be toggled at altars (maybe by a priest) where you will consume significantly more piety but allows small chances for these divine interventions.
  • Gain more piety when clerics lead rituals/prayers.
  • Altar can have a container function. Items stored there grant piety based on predetermined values. E.g. Magic blood = 200 gold, dragon blood = 1,000 gold, gems and so on. Items could remain through reset. A different PC removing an item from the offering might suffer the wrath of that deity, maybe a piety loss, XP loss, or lightning bolt to the face. Rewards for stealing, but huge risks also.
  • Specific items working better for specific deities. E.g. Blood/meat for Malar, nuts/berries for Silvanus, crafted mechanics or parts for Gond, artworks for Sune.
  • Desecrating an altar could take place using items, e.g. Placing necromantic items on holy shrines, placing holy symbols on unholy shrines.
  • Have offering your XP as an alternative method of making a sacrifice, representing whatever personal sacrifice you'd like to RP it as.
  • Consecration/desecration being open to all characters, however in a significantly time/piety consuming manner compared to those who are clerics or who have gift of holy/unholy.
War & Destruction
  • Killing blows give less piety - 0.5% to 0.1%
  • All Kills granting Combat EXP + 0.1?%
  • Rage Use + 0.5% (Symphony)
  • Bounty Head Redeemed + 0.5%
  • Evocation Spell cast + 0.1%
Hearth & Home
  • +3 Piety per hour in [Rest] Areas and Areas that are considered living quarters.+
  • +0.5 Piety per 50 HP healed on allies. to just straight up +0.1 per 10 HP healed on allies. Remove the kits (because this would count for it). The 50 threshold is too high for low level characters to benefit from it, but 10 isn't out of reach.
  • +0.5 Piety for the removal of negative effects on allies.
  • +0.5 Piety for buffs to allies
  • Healing kits give 0.5+ piety.
  • Gain piety by crafting food.
  • Regeneration spell line gives piety on cast.
  • Spells that would apply a piety increase also do not cost any piety, as well other semi-related spells.
  • Scale the piety gained with the circle of the spell. Circle*2/10 = Piety Gained
  • Add more/higher end healing items akin to healing slaves (cure minor wounds) that make it worth carrying a million things to heal people with.
  • Successful -guard AI retarget to self + 0.?%
  • End "state" updates in [Rest] area + 0.5% (-0.1% from state)
  • End "state" updates near campfire + 0.5% (-0.1% from state)
  • Spent Cooking Crafting Point + 0.1%
  • Food/Drink % replenished + 0.1% (per 1% gain)
  • Something for Hearth and Home that allows non-clerics to meaningfully gain piety would be nice. Crafting fixtures, maybe?
Knowledge & Invention
  • Gain piety for “consulting bookshelves” similar to how druids get piety tending to plants
  • Have a chance, tied to piety and possibly only occuring every few RL hours, similar to -prays, to create two projects instead of one.
  • grant .5% for successful lore checks,
  • .5% for each use of bardsong,
  • and .1% for every crafting project started
  • Finding new areas should give piety
  • K&I would be helped big time just by limiting the god save to something that's higher than a particular value.
  • Item repairs +0.1% (per 1 point)
  • Portal Use + 1.0%
  • "Writing" item created from blank paper + 1.0%
  • Receive +0.5 (.1?) for reading new notices on notice boards
  • Ability to toggle godsaves off/on
Trickery & Deceit
  • Gain 0.5+ for every lock picked, and trap disarmed.
  • Gain 0.1+ per X amount of time in stealth.
  • grant .5% for successful pickpocket attempts (PC or NPC) and .5% for casting Illusion spells.
  • Up piety gain for successful -disguise checks. I think 0.2% could be enough. 0.4% being the top mark for it though and that might be a little heavy weighted.
  • Successful Poison Application + 1.0%
  • Sneak attack killing blow + 0.5%
  • Ability to toggle godsaves off/on
Nature
  • .5% for killing aberrations and outsiders
  • End "state" updates in "Natural" environment +0.5% (-0.1% from state)
  • Successful Animal Empathy +0.5% (Symphony)
  • ConstructUndead Kills (probably also all deaths granting exp)
Magic
  • Essence Used 1.0%
  • Successful Basin Improvement +1.0%
Links:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10767
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11295&p=93356&hili ... ion#p93356
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10790&p=88911&hili ... ion#p88911
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8711&p=71552&hilit ... ion#p71552
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8846&p=72559&hilit ... ion#p72559
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil