Make "Outcast" a 5% Roll

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

KiMastReD

Make "Outcast" a 5% Roll

Post by KiMastReD » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:20 am

Right now in the UD there are as many humans as drow. This is really hurting the feel of the setting. There's a good percentage that AREN'T outcasts.

Somewhere along the way it became OK for surface races to move to the under dark and live freely. Just as a "monster race" would be hunted on the surface, a surface race would be hunted in the underdark.

I understand why Outcast was implemented, at the time UD population was bunk nothing and we wanted a way to super boost it. However it's been a long while now and the UD population is equal to or greater than the surface. So we don't need it any longer.

Take it from this perspective. I play in the UD exclusively. I walk through the hub frequently and there are humans everywhere. It would be like a surface city suddenly being overcome by gnolls. It feels wrong.

What makes it more annoying it that I -know- there's a good percentage whom aren't outcasts. They're surface humans/elves ect and since there's no easy way to differentiate between them we can't do anything about it.

What I'm really asking for is a sense of fair play and for the development team to fix the purity standards in the UD. If a "monster race" must roll a 5% to live on the surface it should go both ways. With the exception of slaves because slavery is a corner stone of UD RP.

Or, maybe for the sake of fairness and realism change Outcast to a greater reward? Something should really be done about the number of surface races in the UD.. thanks.