Updates, promo and the website

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

In A Motionless Scene

Updates, promo and the website

Post by In A Motionless Scene » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 am

Just checking if it's planned to keep up with updates, changes etc. on the website. If you promote Arelith with the (very cool looking) website, it should show some level of activity. Updates have happened!

I know that content management is not a lot of fun most of the time. I'm considering volunteering.

Just trying to imagine myself as a new player that's too lazy / incompetent to check the boards, gets stuck on the main page and starts to think that the page is out of date, i.e. the server is dead.

Hoping I'm not too early to nag.
Ingenting förutom ett kallt hjärta som dunkar fortfarande.
Ingen rörelse.
Inga drömmar.
Inget ljus.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Updates, promo and the website

Post by Liareth » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 am

This is a really good idea and something that Irongron and Rin are very keen on doing. Speaking of which, I was meant to take pictures of a vampire feeding so they could write a news article ...

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 am

I'm able to add news articles to the website, and will continue to do so as we move on.

I'm limiting actual 'news' to signficant updates, events and features, though only the 'big' additions. Changing to warlocks for example, or spell changes will not feature on the main page, but things like new races, classes and areas will be covered.

The reason for this is that the website is part intended as promotion itself, and I don't think new or casual players will consider minor mechanic changes as 'crucial' information. They will of course continue to be covered in the forum update thread.

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DM Symphony » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:36 pm

I have to say, I almost want a video banner for every news article.

Septire

Post by Septire » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:41 pm

I would really like to see something like a Cordor Press style bulletin explaining IC how the Wharftown conflict turns out.