AFK Players Owning Buildings

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

FrozenSolid

AFK Players Owning Buildings

Post by FrozenSolid » Sun May 28, 2017 3:48 pm

This is a quick suggestion in regards to the owning of buildings. As it stands you are not allowed to "Take" a building from someone without RP. Which is fine and great but I'd like to add maybe a loop hole because I've seen this situation play out twice

1. A character owns a settlement building, goes AFK ( For a week + ), and retains ownership of the building.

This creates some big issues. Players who are active cannot get their hands on the building to use it so the facilities that are meant to be used by the town remain stagnant and unavailable.

For example as far as I am aware the owner of the Cordor guard barracks cannot be reached. This created a comical issue only a few days ago where a prisoner killed the only character with a key to the jail doors and we all got stuck

Why?

Because there were three guards in the room, but because the barracks is held by an AFK player no one can make keys to distribute them to players.

So my suggestion is that, if a character owns a settlement building, (Like the Lighthouse, Barracks, etc) And they are inactive for 1 week, and all attempts to reach said player have failed, then Settlement leaders are allowed to take control of the building without the consent of the owning player.

Again this only has to do with settlement specific buildings, like the Wharftown Lighthouse, or Cordor Barracks.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: AFK Players Owning Buildings

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun May 28, 2017 4:42 pm

We generally work on longer periods than a 'week' but certainly if you have reason to think someone is 'hogging' a building - (logging on only to keep it in their name, not really using it ect) you can contact us and we will look into it.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)