Death

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Arithel 98

Death

Post by Arithel 98 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:25 pm

In light of the recent update regarding death, I'm not someone who solely likes to complain and not offer a suggestion for improvement.

That being said, I've toiled over this all day and think this might be something a bit more accepting, imersive, and overall taken well by the community (I hope (if inplemented)).

Death whether pvp or pvm = transition to old Soul gate. Once here can speak to reaper etc. On what each option means.

Option A. Use the soul gate, use some of your soul energy etc. Whatever the devs would like and a major hit to xp and death penalties as they were prior to update but increase to 12hrs ig and 50% piety hit? Xp hit back to old xp hits prior to update

Option B. Trial of the Gods. For this think of one of the riddle paths that currently exist on the server and answering riddles/unlocking etc. Moving this to here what have you as far as challenges to solve problem. Maybe incorporate mult. Classes needed to navigate through. End result, respawn for free. My thoughts this should be a 3-4 hour process. Maybe 50xp for solving each riddle the 1st time.

Option C. And what I think could be the best. Basically use the random spawns of hell (Baator) but a fugue plane where you can wander through to find the "soul portal" or some other whimsical named exit. Basically it might be you get lucky and in 2 transitions you find it and are free, maybe you click 60 times and nothing though. End result a 10% piety decrease and death effects for 2- 4ig hours. Here you would fight random spawns and dying sends you back to soul gate area, fighting spawns nets no xp though.

Overall I think this will further death RP and make people really think about death whether taking that xp hit, wandering the death plane for God's know how long or solving the riddle.

Thank you for considering

Edit: An old server I use to play prior to arelith called the fold had a really cool system as well for death in that you had a huge xp hit but for pvm death, the server created a tombstone for 24 ig hours, so you could go back to the location that you died and get something like 60 or 75% of the xp back by touching the spot that you died