infection of lycanthropy, and removal of harper song removal

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Sfoxwood

infection of lycanthropy, and removal of harper song removal

Post by Sfoxwood » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:13 am

so in the shortest form possible...getting infected for chars already RPing as werewolves is nigh impossible. I also dont like bugging the DMs when a harper scout just casually walks by. This is just as bad for the harper scout in the end, because it reveals them as a harper scout. I realize this is combat a former population problem on the server, but this mechanic is very cool and well designed. These things make it difficult to work with however in a purely OOC way.
possible suggested fixes off the top of my head.
-remove harper cure.
-a rule that harpers must give some kind of RP with the cure to make the other party less jipped.
(yes I realize this has the same issue mentioned above but it alleviates some of the pain of this multi hour endeavor)
- a -bite <playername> command with a confirmation box like summoning has for infect RP that takes less than 3 hours-3days. this sounds a bit silly on the surface but the "no" could easily be accompanied with an emote like *moves out of the way*
-a secret NPC for infect like with pacts.
-a personal item or command for dedicated WW players to rewolf so they dont have to waste hours of precious RP and grinding time or bug a DM. this item is already in arelith's inventory in one form and is an easy implement, also allowing DM control of the WW population if harper song is to be removed.
---
I didnt come here expecting to make an OP werewolf build, and while I fully recognize this has been a problem in the past, I legitimately stumbled on the mechanic and fell in love with it, the lore, and even the negative parts like the will save. I fully agree with the ruling on 5% rolls for wolves being fully controllable, but why does this have to be so difficult on a purely OOC level?
I understand some people were unhappy with the forest of despair's infect chance being so high. On this note I respect the decision and the fact that you listened to the community but disagree and think a small mini-quest to remove it through one of the easily found nodes is more than sufficient. It is the forest of "despair" and should have consequences for adventuring there, but that is a separate issue.

Somebody has obviously put a lot of TLC into this system and it makes for great RP when used properly, and it would be nice to see it be easier to use and work around. I am not even asking that these specific ways of balancing the infection chance be taken, but rather that there be a reasonable way to maintain and use werewolf RP without having to bug a DM for help.

I hope you take these words for honest and sincere thoughts rather than arbitrary complaints. Thank you for your time and hard work on the server and moderation.