Small clarity suggestion.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Tranquility

Small clarity suggestion.

Post by Tranquility » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Most unexpectedly, the timer I suggested on clarity pots in the fear thread, was added! I'm still laughing at this, but love it.

One thought. Allow casters to still cast more than one clarity in a row ( or we may as well put a timer on the mind blank spells too?) A cleric or wizard should still be able to prepare extended clarity for the entire party to ward everyone up? The change is mostly to avoid cheese as I see it. So you don't just keep drinking the potions or spamming the wand. It's pretty big to remove the clerics ability to lay out extended clarities for everyone in the party if they prepare enough castings of the spell.

Make the timer so it only kicks in if you try to use or cast clarity on yourself, not others? Or make the timer distinguish between the spell used from item, scroll wand, as opposed to cast from spellbook.

I think the change was sorely needed to potions and wands, as it encourages more partying, bringing someone to shield your mind or investing in a powerful scroll. But I see no reason to gimp cleric/wiz/sorc so they can't use the spell to ward their party any more even if they prepared the spell 6 times?