Orog - In Progress

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Daedin

Orog - In Progress

Post by Daedin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:14 am

So..I enjoyed doing this,and decided to keep doing it. I tried to, essentialy, shorten and sum up as best as I could the Forgotten Realms Wiki info, and replace it with Arelith specific stuff, based on my own experiences and knowledge of the module, lore and history, without giving too much away.

I also would like to try and replace the google-borrowed images and replace them with ones drawn by meself.

Anyway, here it is:

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HyEshVTUe

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Orog - In Progress

Post by nobs3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Great mix of FR and Arelith!

(What you wrote about forging did inspire me for some rp...)

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Terenfel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:13 am

like the 5th style! going to do it with all races? maybe classes too? (could be so cool with a Arelith players handbook in that style!)

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:28 pm

Added it as external link to the wiki.
Makes the stuff I write seem dull, tho' :P
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:48 am

Terenfel wrote:like the 5th style! going to do it with all races? maybe classes too? (could be so cool with a Arelith players handbook in that style!)
I had a mind to perhaps start with a UD guide as a whole. Perhaps make a general introductions about geography and short examples of lore, then get into details like races, all targeted to Arelith specific stuff.

I..just wasn't that sure if it was something that t many other players would like to see (or the dev team).

That being said,everytime I look at that orog page I feel the urge to do more stuff likeit, cause its fun.

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Terenfel » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:50 am

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:45 pm

Introduction

Welcome to the lightless maze where nightmares prowl and old wives’ tales come to life. Far away from the prying eyes of both sun and moon, there exists a world of unending struggle, a place where the mere act of survival is a constant challenge that only the fittest can endure. This is a land of eternal darkness but of exotic, near alien beauty, home to creatures foreign to the minds of common men and a sanctum for Old, unspeakable things.

Welcome, to the Underdark.
I have started work on this and have gotten the first draft for geography and weather done.

I am now heavily considering doing the whole thing in word, where I think I can mimmic 5E's visuals well enough, because the way image insertion works on Homebrewery can be very wonky. Then i'd convert it all to pdf and put it up for download through dropbox.

Also, just to be sure I won't miss anything, these are the items I intend to aproach still:

History and Society
Andunor
Playable Races, with notes for slaves within the outcast page.
Perhaps ooc tips and advice
External links

After all of this is written, I still intend to put my amateurish drawing skills to use and make custom ilustrations.

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Double posting because yes.

This is what's looking like right now: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1ygx7Iqx

(The imgs are all placeholders)