First-level Feat Descriptions

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

First-level Feat Descriptions

Post by MissEvelyn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:13 pm

If you are like me, you like to waste away first-level feats for the RP backstory touch of your character. In NWN, you are only told what benefits you get from those feats, but D&D 3rd Edition has descriptions, too.

For those of you who consider picking a first-level feat and care about the RP aspect of these feats, I've compiled a list of the feats and their descriptions.
NWN benefits are in small and italic

Artist
You come from a culture in which the arts, philosophy, and music have a prominent place in society.
Character gains a +2 bonus on perform and spot checks.

Blooded
You know what it means to fight for your life, and the value of quick wits and quicker reactions when blades are bared and deadly spells chanted. Enemies find it difficult to catch you off guard.
Character gains a +2 bonus on initiative and a +2 bonus on spot checks.

Bullheaded
The stubbornness and determination of your kind is legendary. You are exceptionally headstrong and difficult to sway from your intended course.
Character gains a +2 bonus on resisting taunts and a +1 bonus on will saving throws.

Courteous Magocracy
You were raised in a land where mighty wizards order affairs. Where powerful spellcasters are common, cautious courtesy is the norm and everyone has an eye for magic goods.
Character gains a +2 bonus on lore checks and spellcraft checks.

Luck of Heroes
Your land is known for producing heroes. Through pluck, determination, and resilience, your people survive when no one expects them to come through.
Character gains a +1 bonus on all saving throws.

Silver Palm
Your culture is based on haggling and the art of the deal.
Character gains a +2 bonus on appraise and persuade checks.

Snake Blood
The taint of the Yuan-Ti runs in your veins. No outward signs give away your heritage, but you are something more - or less - than entirely human.
Character gains a +1 reflex saving throw bonus. Also, any saving throws versus poison gain an additional +2 fortitude bonus.

Strong Soul
The souls of your people are hard to separate from their bodies.
Character gains a +1 bonus to fortitude and will saving throws, as well as a +1 bonus to any saving throw versus death magic.

Please let me know if I missed any!