45's SUPER PORTRAIT PACK!

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

BillNye

45's SUPER PORTRAIT PACK!

Post by BillNye » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:58 pm

51 new and unique portraits and 48 previews of them, growing every time I have the urge to browse other artists' creations on the internet.

SuperPack:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzocea ... NTcE0/view

SuperPack Previews:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzocea ... RTVFU/view

Just click the download button at the top when you click on the link. Enjoy!

PS: Readme for installation is in the SuperPack folder.

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: 45's SUPER PORTRAIT PACK!

Post by SteelsSweets » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Do these have the same ones as Kregor's?

I already have a ton of choices. I thought there was a limit to how many the folder would hold.
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

BillNye

Post by BillNye » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:24 pm

If there's any similar portraits let me know - as far as I know there's only one portrait from his pack in there, and that was Naleeah's. I pulled it straight from my personal portrait file.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:33 am

Most of these are pretty good. I did find 2 that were both in Kregor's pack
Female3 and Female6

Definitely alot more male choices, which is something Kregor's was low on the ratio for.

Would you object to me adding yours to Kregor's pack?

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

BillNye

Post by BillNye » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Might as well, it'll help keep it to one download.

This'll stay up however if people want a smaller download.

Krivoklat

Post by Krivoklat » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:26 am

This can be a bit of a problem as I recall, there is a cap to the number of portraits you can have during char' creation...

Maybe it might be a good idea to merge the best of the best.. I know when I looked through Kregor's there was quite a lot of duplicates I already had in my portraits folder for years... and had to weed them down. I think having a lot of portraits is GREAT! but having a combined mass number of custom portraits only leads to more and more Empty-Brown Portaits in my OWN gaming experience on Arileth.. I imagine others wil have the same...

Especially since Kregor's has been around a long time, and this new list ONLY has 2 that is the same.

I suggest we get through either lottery or similar decistion someone to become the CUrator of the Arelith Portraits... establish a base number... say 3/4ths of the cap... or 4/5ths of the cap... and keep those as "Arelith Non-Official Portrait Pack"

And then if someone wishes to add a new custom portrait for their own PC they are using that isn't included, they could post a link to THAT portrait for their friends (and others) To add at their discretion.

I -LOVE- the creativity involved in custom portraits! There's some AMAZING ones out there!

but I -HATE- the amount of Brown-Silhouetted blank-portraits I come across on other PC's because I don't have them myself... when my own portrait folder is already maxed.

Oh, how I would love to merge them and see them all!!!!! -we need to co-operate a bit more here..

and there WILL be some sacrifices that have to be made on all parts.

But for the good of all, I think we can do it.

Suggestions? Volunteers?

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:23 pm

I've already gone through Kregor's entire pack and removed all the duplicates I could find. I also got rid of that big block of extremely mediocre portraits that you know you always skip over everytime you make a new char.
That took his pack of 7700+ files down to 7250

It also looks like there were 3 portraits that were in both rather than 2.

There is also one dwarf portrait that has the same name as a different portrait already in kregor's, so I'm renaming it from Dwarf2 to Dwarf2a before I combine them. The combined pack should be right around 7500 files, which is still smaller than Kregor's pack before I took over.

The combined download, as well as the incremental should be available in Kregor's thread shortly.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire