Herbalism

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Bichemo

Herbalism

Post by Bichemo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:07 pm

I am new to game. I wanted to pick up Herbalism i have the skill points and mats cbut can not find any crafting station could anyone help me with this please

cptcuddlepants

Re: Herbalism

Post by cptcuddlepants » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:20 pm

They usually look like cauldrons suspended over a fire.

I think you can also make a campfire which will open up the Herbalism crafting menu, but you need a Firewood item in your inventory for that.
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Bichemo

Post by Bichemo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm

THANKS i want to make heal packs +1 it calls for 1 small cloth so i made a small cloth but it does not accept it is there another type of small cloth

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Small cloth requires 2 cotton (or silk) and a rank of Tailor. If that's what you used, that's the mat.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:27 pm

There's an issue that sometimes pops up where a crafting station doesn't recognize the item(s) placed in it as the items needed for the recipe. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by The Kriv » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:50 pm

just an FYI, if you have the inventory space to carry them, partially finished heal kits physically weigh less than completed heal-kits... so if you start a few extra while you have the materials, it physically weighs less (if weight is an issue) to go ahead and start the heal-kit instead of lugging around all that heavy salt to make fresh ones later.

Then, out in the field, you can drop some firewood (creates a fire-ring that doubles as an herbalism workstation) and finish those already started heal-kits in the field.

Also helps if you push your skill high enough to get those DC35 Heal Kits, which take so many points to craft that you will only actually finish one at a time per game-day, making lugging around partially-finished heal-kits kind of necessary anyhow at higher skill level
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:38 am

A word of advice:
1) Picking Herbalism/Cooking on low ST characters is not a good idea
2) If You plan for Herbalism... ALWAYS take Gift of Crafting or invest into Craft Weapon/Armor skill

You will have to carry loads and loads of materials, which can quickly add up in weight. I would even dare to say its more weight dependent then Smithing, as in Smithing You don't need that amount of materials to work. On my character I carry around 1000 lbs total weight of materials for cooking - and most of that is different kinds of leaves, roots, bloods, bottles, glass.
If you have a low ST character better pickup something like Alchemy/Tailor/Carpenter

Also as a Herbalist/Cook You will notice immediately that You will be working ALL of Your CPs every time they are available. So every spare CP You can squeeze in will benefit You.