How To: Borderless Windowed Mode

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

How To: Borderless Windowed Mode

Post by Skibbles » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Finally figured out how to get borderless windowed to work after some experimental tweaking and forum browsing. Why Beamdog buried the secrets to modern game settings is anyone's guess, but here's what I put into my nwn.ini to get it to work. The .ini is now found in your \documents\neverwinter nights folder. I bolded the lines that have worked for me.

It is a wondrous thing after so many years to finally have this setting work.

[Display Options]
AllowWindowedMode=1
FullScreen=0
UseLargeFont=0
Width=1920
Height=1080
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60
TexturePack=3
Borderless=1
FullScreenDesktopMode=1
glFinishBeforeFBO=0
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

MoreThanThree

Re: How To: Borderless Windowed Mode

Post by MoreThanThree » Tue May 01, 2018 12:01 am

It works but now I can't scroll the the screen around by moving my mouse to the edge, I can only move it with the mouse wheel.
Thanks! :D
20 RPR GANG

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Tue May 01, 2018 2:27 am

Sadly that's part of borderless windowed without further settings by the developers I think. You can try experimenting with some of these but I found that even changing one of the settings sort of borks it out.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

greatfanfare

Post by greatfanfare » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:40 am

The problem with borderless is that the window shows up in the middle of the screen and you can't drag it to a corner... because there is no border to click on.

If there was a way to set the x/y axis position on screen in the nwn.ini file, that would help

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:32 pm

This is Borderless Fullscreen, so if you're getting anything but fullscreen something is wrong. It looks no different from normal fullscreen except you can use another monitor without it reducing to the taskbar.