Lycanthropy Thread

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Stath

Lycanthropy Thread

Post by Stath » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:26 am

I might be high on pavlova and chocolate cake after Christmas, but I can't shake the feeling there was talks a few months ago about a possible update to Lycanthropy in general. Is this still a thing, or did I just eat my bodyweight in chocolate and go into a coma?

Feel free to discuss and share thoughts about Lycans as well, mechanics, hilarious RP (mis)adventures, etc.
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Hunter548

Re: Lycanthropy Thread

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:46 am

I would love to see some sort of cannibalization of the tenser's effect for Lycanthropy. Based on character level, you get more AB/Str/Con/Whatever when you transform.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:51 am

Mith started working on PC Werewolves, and a lot of bugs cropped up with the modifications, but then he was packed up and shipped off to a variety of other countries. That was months ago.

At this point, it's best to avoid Werewolfing, because it's broken and doesn't wear off unless you relog. Patience is the order of the day.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Stath

Post by Stath » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:06 am

Hunter548 wrote:Based on character level, you get more AB/Str/Con/Whatever when you transform.
This'd be pretty cool actually, as long as it doesn't lead to them being mover powerful and thus aboosed. Ah, alright. Thanks Midget!
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

IndifferentPerson

Post by IndifferentPerson » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:04 am

Anything can be abused, that's what DMs are for.

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:13 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:At this point, it's best to avoid Werewolfing, because it's broken and doesn't wear off unless you relog. Patience is the order of the day.

sometimes even that doesn't get rid of the form! if you leave the area you changed in you lose all the perks of being a werewolf except the visual part which means you want to change back as quick as you can... but often simply can't :(
You have the thanks of a grateful server conglomeration of nations... Thanks!
:) - Jjjerm

Yevon - it would have been safer for me to walk around Wharftown proclaiming Bane to be the god of love and pink frills.

daemonshadow

Post by daemonshadow » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Preacher wrote:
The Rambling Midget wrote:At this point, it's best to avoid Werewolfing, because it's broken and doesn't wear off unless you relog. Patience is the order of the day.

sometimes even that doesn't get rid of the form! if you leave the area you changed in you lose all the perks of being a werewolf except the visual part which means you want to change back as quick as you can... but often simply can't :(
This is why I just emote my character as a fearful, caged animal until someone kills it.
I don't know about you, between and bicycles make me want to do natural things.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:08 pm

It's still on my list but as Midget says, I got kidnapped by Life.

It not wearing off is deliberate, to let you control how long you howl at the moon for. -polymorph will break you out of it when you want to. (You'll only get snazzy immunity bonuses for the first few game hours, though).

But yes, expect more changes when I get around to them.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:17 pm

Mithreas wrote:-polymorph will break you out of it when you want to. (You'll only get snazzy immunity bonuses for the first few game hours, though).
-polymorph isn't working, even after a full hour, and snazzy bonuses wear off after the first area transition. And sometimes area transitions break the polymorph but lock you into a fixed point camera.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

DM_Ironfist

Post by DM_Ironfist » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:22 pm

Mithreas wrote:It's still on my list but as Midget says, I got kidnapped by Life.

It not wearing off is deliberate, to let you control how long you howl at the moon for. -polymorph will break you out of it when you want to. (You'll only get snazzy immunity bonuses for the first few game hours, though).

But yes, expect more changes when I get around to them.
It should be clarified that -polymorph at the time of writing, is broken and will not de-transform you. Only logging breaks you out of it. The 'snazzy' immunities are also dependant on remaining in the first area you transform in.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:21 pm

daemonshadow wrote:
Preacher wrote:

This is why I just emote my character as a fearful, caged animal until someone kills it.
Chewing on lampposts.

No, wait. That was me.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

MaddHatter

Post by MaddHatter » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Bring back the Weremonks!

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:24 pm

Mixed feelings about this.
Weremonks were the uber cheese of la cheese, but they were hilarious at the same time.

In any case, I did come to ask a single question:
Do the monks get the immunity as soon as taking the class, or must they reach diamond body first?
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

tango.icecream

Post by tango.icecream » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Diamond body gives immunity to poison... So that doesn't make sense. If you are thinking of monk immunity that would mirror a paladin's, that's purity of body.

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:08 am

Err, yes, that.
I just plucked the first monk feat name I thought of.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!