Goblins – clan & faction organization

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Goblins – clan & faction organization

Post by nobs3 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:28 pm

EDIT:

The Oogooboogoo faction (which is not only joined by followers of the deity with the same name – but this is another long story) is mainly organized via: -factions (in game), PMs (forums), and other means; but…

I exhumed this tread because maybe some more open rp lines, dates, and other announcements could be also posted here – for all to join.

E.g. planned revival of “goblin Fridays”.

Also there is a new “Goblins in Arelith Underdark – sum up”: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17324&p=145007#p145007

Hello players of goblin characters,

I think it’s time again to organize goblin rp a bit again. There are plenty of old and new goblin characters/ players about but atm it’s hard to get some longer lasting rp running.

In addition to individual and faction-less rp it might bring some joy again to do some more (Oogooboogoo clan/ goblin) faction rp.

I and others try to set up some longer goblin storylines/ events IG – like goblin tribes from surface call again, return and death of prominent but half-forgotten goblins, dark rituals with unsure effect, politic plotting and much more.

Those stories are goblin focused at the core but for sure it is planned that they will involve many other factions/races/individuals.

But to start them we need some more organization amongst our chaotic and renitent goblins.
I would suggest the following:

- We need to use our IG message boards more frequently – most of all the one chosen main board (which was stolen lately and temporary replaced). Some of you do – most not. We already share keys very intensively – to use the same chests and leave messages. Hints regarding events and the further development of the story will be shared there…

- The Oogooboogoo faction leaders need your character name to add you to the faction. We update the member list very frequently. Maybe we can use the faction messages more often?

- But the main intention of this post is to collect the forum names of interested players. I would like to share PMs regarding the clan/faction and organizing rp. Can you leave your name here or send it by using faction messages?

What do you think about all this? Do you have other suggestions or ideas to help goblin rp?

Best wishes
Nobs3
Last edited by nobs3 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Goblins – clan & faction organization

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:49 am

I would love some goblin interaction on my lone, sad goblin. I've tried contacting in game and not really had much success. From what I see, Spets is the only "oldie" left and not on too much. Fez would like seez more goboz! Yuz! :D
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Sorry, an accumulation of several things that were connected with much ig effort but failed made me focus on all the things I have to do in rl - for a while. But I think the phase of falling on the couch at late evenings and staring into the TV is over again. So: See yuz

Flame Magical
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Flame Magical » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:23 am

Ah unfortunate! I've been on as much as I can trying to pass out keys and information, and it would be awesome to see some more storyline/events. At this point point I'd be happy with seeing some more goblins around to participate in such things! Don't be shy, we really aren't that bad! :)
Booga-Deceased Jar'zul-Deceased Zhi'nd-Active

reighbo

Post by reighbo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:55 am

Finally .... im reloged into these newer forums!

Im late getting ere , yet still playin IG.

The Oogooboogoo Clan has suffered major losses and set-backs as of late ...
However this decline of our goblin empire has created brand new missions and goals!

In truth i saw much of it coming, and this more recent Golden Age of Goblins ... has been brought to an end (era from a while Before flood to a while After)

The Clan has been pushed back to sum of the darker corners of the city and surrounding under dark
yet has been no where near broken!
(close but no cigar!)
The Oogooboogoo Clan still has lots of activeness ... In both newer members AND from thos who'd more recently come back!
There are STILL even thos odd players that'll actually Admit to having a Goblin Alt. sumplace within their toon-vaults!

After its long fall the Oogooboogoo Clan is re-ready to re-build its Empire back to the re-Glory it once held ...
ALL is ready!
AL L is in place!

We'd simply require yet more and yet more goblins
I HAVE MINE ...
the rest i leave up to....you(s)

Urch

Post by Urch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:27 am

What sort of times do people normally play their goblins?
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

reighbo

Post by reighbo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:23 am

I plays mine ... week nights & week ends (when able)
Tho i'll be off-werk ALL next week so will have lots of playin' time threw-out

We goina TRY pickin a Gobo-Day of the week ..... yet again
used to be Gobo-Sundays
mebe Gobo-Saturdays might be better ?

Urch

Post by Urch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:04 am

Saturdays are generally better for those in New Zealand/Australia, since normally times are coordinated in either North American or European timezones and those in Oceania are around a day ahead, making it Sunday early mornings/mornings for them (if it's done in the evening in Europe/America).

If this is going to be a regular thing on the weekends I might roll up a filthy goblin. (My time for playing is super limited, so I'd probably only appear on those days).
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

reighbo

Post by reighbo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:25 pm

Saturdays i can do!

Yet lets try starting off with a much wider timezone so as to hopefully include "all the more!"
And we'll try proclaiming Gobo-Weekends!
That's RIGHT!
Try playing or building to play Goblins for over-the-weekend's play!
log in your old goblins ... log in your new goblins ... log in your Alts. that MUST include a goblin!
just log in a goblin at SUM point over the weekends!
and if you dont have one ?!? BUILD ONE and then yet more shall shurely come.
My time for playing is super limited
That dont matter!
play IF ya can WHEN ya can, and as the faction-auto-drops folks for lack of play, simply PM me ere or IG and yas get re-added.

So why not spend sum of that super limited time ~~~~> as a :mrgreen: Goblin!

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:47 am

You might find a very old goblin with heavy dementia this saturday night (GTM).

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:20 am

nobs3 wrote:You might find a very old goblin with heavy dementia this saturday night (GTM).

:D Some skinny, little gobo did~
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:23 am

Today (14.03.) we will have a hopefully big clan meeting at 3pm EST / 19 GTM.

We will start several bigger and smaller quests / tasks.

It would be great to meet many of you tonight.

>>If you want to join the goblin faction to get factions messages and/ or PM just leave a comment here. <<

Have fun!

nobs

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:32 pm

We had a very nice clan event last Saturday evening.
Time by time more and more goblins were dropping in.
At the peak we were 7 - I think. And there were about 10 between the start time (7pm GTM) and 6 hours later when I logged off again.

First we walked around and showed the arriving clan goblins all the quarters other goblins own and that can be shared within the clan ("goblin caves", Sharp Headquarters, Sharp Barracks and so on).
And we distrubuted some keys.

Then we talked about bigger and smaller to-do's, politics and the "Bugga Re-Union quest".

Finaly we started the quest by getting some hints where to search. (Even I don't know the places...) Did a nice trip and even managed to gain one of the missing artefacts from an epic area - without loosing our very low level goblins.

It was a very nice trip. At least I did enjoy it much - and the rp before and afterwards.

We should do such trips with fixed dates more often - even if not all goblins (and other interested characters) are able to join.

See you all next time!

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Goblins of the Oogooboogoo clan own several places now and most/all of them are willing to share keys. Last Saturday we were able to do so but there are still many goblins that have not all keys.

Sooner or later we also should think about which chest we should use for what... but there is no need to hurry.

What we should do is to concentrate on very few boards: One board for public clan talk - in the communal ("goblin") caves and an other board for more secret informations (in the....)
That way it is easy for all to keep informed... without reading all baords in all caves.

(still there can be special boards for special issues or to talk to one singe character...)

Aerin of Amia

Post by Aerin of Amia » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:44 am

Hey all,

I've been playing DnD religiously, then off and on for decades, and NWN since the game came out in the 90s, actually gone through a few versions with misplaced CDs, etc. over the years. Several years ago I discovered "Amia" which I enjoyed, but eventually came to "Arelith" and have had a blast. I've been mostly a loner over the years on Arelith, made probabaly a hundred characters up through the teen levels and then got bored with them and made another. I finally moved down to the Underdark after the "Flood". Its been really cool.

WooHoo has met quite a few Gobos in the past few months, and I've really enjoyed the RP. It is quite fun to be able to "veg" out with the Oogooboogoo clan in recent times. Its always a balance between RL and gaming, so let me know when folks want to try to do something, I'll be there if I can, but don't wait on me if I'm late!

I'm hanging out in the EST timezone, and usually on in the evenings for a bit. Saturday or Friday nights probably work the best for me, later in the evening.

Look forward to doing some Gobo RP, good to see the interest.

P.S. - look at the forums/wiki on a regular basis, but this is the first time I've actually posted on it!

-Aerin, aka. WooHoo

Ramen01

Post by Ramen01 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:32 am

nobs3 wrote:Today (14.03.) we will have a hopefully big clan meeting at 3pm EST / 19 GTM.

We will start several bigger and smaller quests / tasks.
It would be great to meet many of you tonight.
>>If you want to join the goblin faction to get factions messages and/ or PM just leave a comment here. <<
Have fun!

nobs
My buddy and I both rolled Gobbo's this evening, and spent the better part of the night just getting the tutorial, and speedy quest sorted out.

First things first:
ALL HAIL THE BENEVOLENT TRIUMVIRATE, FOR THE BEAUTIFUL NEW UNDERDARKS. Gentlemen, you have truly outdone yourselves this time.

I plan to split my NwN time between my surfacer, and my shiny new Gobbo. Feel free to speedy me anytime.

Character name: Obowobalf (Ba3) Username: Ramen.
As for my friend, I'm sure he wont mind...

Character name: Drum Oaksyn (or some such. That name is a cautionary tale about using the Default name that the game gives you).
Username: Bodh

Obo'z lookz forwards to hasing the Gobbo role playz. Gobboz strengths iz from numburz, not grammurz.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:53 am

Wellcome!

Me made big plans regarding the next election but before we were able to place canidates the servers were down and the election over...

But goblins will take over Arelith - some cycle!

Mirw
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Mirw » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:42 am

Hello, and i am back with my Dynasty of "R", Rusmo and now Rismu.. (maybe a new goblin will arise after Rismu? :D )

Anyway, put me on the GoboList and GoboGroup and GoboGoGO! :D
"Burn Them All!"
Plays as Ret, the pyromaniac tribal wargob

Mirw

Post by Mirw » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:44 am

If i can play its mostly on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday and at GMT, 08-17:00, maybe saturday a bit different. :)
"Burn Them All!"

Mirw

Post by Mirw » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:43 am

Oogooboogoo Meeting?

What about a gathering meeting on this date:

Saturday, 25th of April, GMT: 15:00 or 11:00 ?
"Burn Them All!"

Mirw

Post by Mirw » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:43 am

I would like to open a new subject:

:[]:[]:[]:::: GOBLIN KINGDOM OF OOGOOBOOGROND ::::[]:[]:[]:
Once upon a time...

Before the Flood we had got great RP with goblins what we started. What is publiblcy known or knewn the Goblin Kingdom rp cuz goblins were in that time the dominant force of the UD with numbers, coins and resources. We expanded GRond's borders much and named it Goblin Kingdom, even Spets was crowned by First Matron of Udos :)

The point is, would like to start this in Andunor aswell if there is common interest for it, to became a dominant force, an active faction again. I would like to discuss what kind of form of this "kingdom" canbe look like in UD way, cuz normal feudalism and surfacer methods cannot be applied.

So its just in namely a real kingdom, technicly it would be a Tyranny of Goblins, however it would be nice to do some Dynasty and bloodline for current leader Spets (Mother of All Goblins, Chiefess-Tyrant Queen) :)

So i am interested in your opinions, add-ons.. etc etc :)
"Burn Them All!"

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Mirw wrote:Oogooboogoo Meeting?

What about a gathering meeting on this date:

Saturday, 25th of April, GMT: 15:00 or 11:00 ?
Sadly I most times can only be around at GTM 20:00 or later... But I could try to arrange it. Can't promice...

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:08 pm

As for the goblin kingdom: I very much would like the word tyrany or simply "clan" more. Because "clan chieftain/ess" always was the highest rank.
Also the last clan chieftains Oboo, Merago, Bugga, Spets never followed a blood line. Leadership was handed over before a rebellion would start. The clan would not accept an weakened leader. Normaly leadership should be changed by force / by challange by a possible new leader (but we are all to nice to rp this :)
In addition: Spets already has born so many children even she does not remember. Bloodline does not matter much here - power does (e.g. be accepted by enough other goblins)!

Future strategies:
claim independent goblin lands (pssst!)
claim as much as possible around them
what you can't claim try to control (e.g. allies)
what you can't control - destroy !

Mirw

Post by Mirw » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:45 pm

I stole these Straa-teg-ieez!!! :D
"Burn Them All!"

Mirw

Post by Mirw » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:23 pm

I would like to grab the moment and make the clan structure clear, if its possible. I am doing/asking it thats why cuz i am making an goblin book of Goblinz:D so i should see clearly. And cuz there are countless commanders in Clan ... almost everyone is commander:D and its makes the rank totally uselesss...

So:

¤Chieftan/Chiefess: Highest Rank in Clan. Supreme Clan leader
¤Grandshaman/~shamaness: Second in Command (or first), the most wise tribe divine wazzamer (cleric) take care of the religious life of the tribe, and lead them for holy quests of Oogooboogoo
¤Hero: goblins heroes, with notable done, special medal holders.
¤Commander(s) of Clan: high ranked and respected memebers of Clan, they can give out small orders and support the Clan's needs, leading small hunting parties and wargroups.
¤Wazzamers: the Clan's magicians, wizards and sorcs. their knowledge is asked in their circle of lore.
¤Warriors and Scouts (spies): almost everyone else in the Clan who is full member.
¤Younglings: the new goblins, they became member after complete certain task of adulthood or membership (smal and easy tasks mostly)

Did i miss sumthing?
"Burn Them All!"