Setting's place in general Lore timeline

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

telmarael

Setting's place in general Lore timeline

Post by telmarael » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:28 am

Double the thread's name. Where exactly is the server in the Faerunian timeline? Before\after the Spellplague or whatever. I've not found any obvious references to it, except the server's own timeline. Apologies, if i've missed something obvious in a visible place. Taking into account the fact, that there's an althar to Azuth.. It might be well before the aforementioned event.

Thanks!
- "I would rather not touch this shiny pile of gold", said her conscience
*sounds of explosion*

Lorkas

Re: Setting's place in general Lore timeline

Post by Lorkas » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:02 pm

We're in 1372 DR. Anything that happened after that time is in the future for our characters, unless it has been explicitly part of an event that happened in game on Arelith.

telmarael

Post by telmarael » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:28 pm

Lorkas wrote:We're in 1372 DR. Anything that happened after that time is in the future for our characters, unless it has been explicitly part of an event that happened in game on Arelith.
And, I suppose, the Server's timeline is separate? Like, we won't witness the Spellplague after 12 in-game years?
*sounds of explosion*

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

telmarael wrote:
Lorkas wrote:We're in 1372 DR. Anything that happened after that time is in the future for our characters, unless it has been explicitly part of an event that happened in game on Arelith.
And, I suppose, the Server's timeline is separate? Like, we won't witness the Spellplague after 12 in-game years?
Correct, Arelith has been stuck in 1372 DR for over a hundred years now, none of the outside events progress, for all intents and purposes, the archipelago is stuck in a time bubble.

telmarael

Post by telmarael » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Nitro wrote:
telmarael wrote:
Correct, Arelith has been stuck in 1372 DR for over a hundred years now, none of the outside events progress, for all intents and purposes, the archipelago is stuck in a time bubble.
I see, thank you :lol:
*sounds of explosion*

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:58 am

To be suuuuper precise, we're after the resurrection of Bane, but before the silence of Lolth.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

telmarael

Post by telmarael » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 am

Oh mah goodness, the lore is huge. need to start reading books on it, wikia doesn't give all the answers anymore
*sounds of explosion*

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:25 am

Don't worry too much about it. Yeah it's good to have a vauge jist of what is what, but it can be fun to learn much of it In Game. I mean - if you're playing a human fighter, why would they know about the ancient histories of the elves anyway?
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Best way to learn is to do what I did make a elf who washed up at cordor and forgot every thing she once thought commented knowledge.

Had to learn almost everything. Was a great time to rp. And learned a lot.

DaddysLE

Post by DaddysLE » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:18 am

telmarael wrote:Oh mah goodness, the lore is huge. need to start reading books on it, wikia doesn't give all the answers anymore
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6vwfznTt-6

For the backlog of lore and ideas of where to look for more this might help. Small bites. Digestible.