Is this reason to have an alignment change

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Aero Silver

Is this reason to have an alignment change

Post by Aero Silver » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 pm

My question is: can my character change their alignment for IC reason?

My character was created Chaotic Neutral. I intended that the character be selfish and a Lone Wolf. The character would not extend hand to help others, but would not unnecessarily cause hurt. The character was meant to disassociate from all misery and suffering. When capturing slaves, they don't think or consider how they are destroying the captured slave's life, but they don't derive joy or pleasure out if it.

After about a year of playing that character, i noticed that they are leaning more towards evil acts, giving slaves and goblins hard time, treating lessers unkindly, letting weaker characters in distress to fend for themselves (so they get tougher and learn from that experience). They even punched newly acquired slaves in an effort to break them.

The character tends to help others sometimes, add long as they are owed a favor, to be cashed out later. Also, the character is very careful about making promises and doesn't like accepting favors from others. They always insist on paying immediately rather than owing boons.

I consider changing the alignment from Chaotic Neutral to Neural Evil.

Is this reason enough to request an alignment change, or is my understanding of the alignment system incorrect?
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous. Meaning: all that glitters ain't gold.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is this reason to have an alignment change

Post by Queen Titania » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 pm

This isn't general information, but if you ask one of us via the DM chat, or PM us, we would just go over basic questions with you and then alter the alignment accordingly.
Please don't feed my sister.

Aero Silver

Re: Is this reason to have an alignment change

Post by Aero Silver » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 am

Thanks. I'll use the DM channel in-game.
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous. Meaning: all that glitters ain't gold.