Optional Arelith Community Portrait Pack (OACPP)

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Mayonnaise, Forum Moderators

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Optional Arelith Community Portrait Pack (OACPP)

Post by CragOrion » Sat May 19, 2018 10:41 am

There's still some work to do on it, but now on Steam Workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=

If you're going to subscribe, please read the IMPORTANT NOTE in the description...actually nevermind, copy & paste is awesome:
I wrote:IMPORTANT NOTE: If you previously downloaded this pack from the forums and put it in Documents\Neverwinter Nights\Portraits per instructions for installing the pack, subscribing to this on steam will create duplicate portraits at character creation and will cause NWN to take longer to load said portraits (because it's compiling portraits from 2 separate locations). The easiest solution is to just get rid of the portraits in your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\Portraits folder. You can either delete them, or just rename the portrait folder to something like Portraits.bak
If you have other portraits in your Portraits folder that aren't part of this pack and you don't want to delete them, you can use a program like CCleaner to search for and delete duplicate files between \Documents\Neverwinter Nights\Portraits and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\704450\1389280600\Portraits (which is where the steam workshop downloads this pack to) which can get rid of the dupe files while leaving your other portraits alone.
Kuma wrote:if anyone tries to play a relative of one of my dudes without permission i will PK them irl
Optional Arelith Community Portrait Pack
Version 4.6.16 is out!

The Eldafiran Embassy

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 am

Update....Already?

As mentioned above, I have uploaded the pack onto the Steam Workshop. Thanks to DM Symphony who walked me through the process. With that now done, and since the version on steam is a little farther along than my recent update from a week ago, I am updating here again so both locations will be synced up. I will do my best to make sure the version downloadable in this thread always matches the version on Steam. Since this update is coming so soon after the last update, I will leave the 4.5.13 incremental download up, but the full version will be updated. That said, there are a few things you should note.

1. Steam does not put the portraits into the Documents\Neverwinter Nights\Portraits folder. All workshop subscriptions are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content . Therefore, if you have portraits in both the Documents location, and the workshop location, both locations will be compiled when you play the game from Steam.

2. If you play NWN EE from the Beamdog launcher, you will only get the portraits from the Documents location. Anything in your workshop location will NOT be loaded. You will need to continue getting your downloads here if you mainly play from Beamdog.

3. If you are playing from Steam and have the OACPP in your Documents location, but are also subscribed to it on Steam, then both will be loaded and when you go to choose portraits, you will notice everything in OACPP appears twice. You may also experience a little lag when browsing the portraits due to the sheer amount of portraits being loaded. It is probably best to only keep the portraits in one location. If you play from Steam mostly, rather than the Beamdog launcher, then I would clear out your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\Portraits location. If you don't want to just delete everything because maybe you have other portraits in there too, I would suggest using a program like CCleaner to scan between the two locations, find duplicate files, and delete the ones in the Documents\Neverwinter Nights\Portraits location.

4. Some people on Steam experience issues when content is updated, it will disappear from their game when they go to open it. People say this is a common problem on steam. I have my own theory about it. I noticed a user got this problem right after I made an update to the OACPP on the workshop, so I believe what happens is that when you start your game, Steam starts uploading a current version of the folder to your workshop folder, in this case, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\704450\1389280600 where 704450 represents NWN EE and 1389280600 represents OACPP. If the mod in particular is a large file (which this one is, being over 700MB), and your internet connection isn't super super super super fast, then Steam might not be able to finish downloading the mod before your game loads. That is why you aren't able to see the content after an update. But if this is true, then you should just be able to exit the game, wait a couple minutes, and then restart the game. If I'm right about all this, everything should load normally after that.

Now that that's out of the way, I'll get to the actual update...

Optional Arelith Community Portrait Pack v4.5.20
6,765 Files
1,353 Portraits

:arrow: 2 new submissions viewable along with last update's submissions here

:arrow: While I was preparing the pack to go up on Steam, I found one of the portraits was corrupt. Checked my oldest backup (version 3.3.6 from last year) and it appears to have always been corrupt, so removed it. I also came across 2 Royo portraits that show nips so removed them as well. All three removed portraits viewable here

:arrow: Fixed FPortrait199_ H & L with better cropped versions (Thanks to Nox for pointing that out)

:arrow: Still haven't found any more dup...no wait...
Realized that several portraits in this pack come from the vanilla game. While not usually able to be picked during character creation, there is an override that unlocks all of them for char creation, so I have removed the portraits. They are viewable here. You can download the override here. It even comes with a 2nd override to unlock other soundsets in the base game as well. Its definitely worth the download.

DOWNLOADS

Get the full portrait pack here:
OACPP v4.5.20 Full

If you already have the main download from the last update and just need what I added today, then you can get the incremental here:
OACPP v4.5.20 Incremental
Thanks, and as always, if you have anything you'd like me to add, just drop me a line in my inbox and I'll take a look.

And don't forget to hit the Subscribe Topic link at the very bottom if you want to be notified for updates!
(the new forums have it in the little drop down menu with the little wrench in it)
Kuma wrote:if anyone tries to play a relative of one of my dudes without permission i will PK them irl
Version 4.6.16 is out!

The Eldafiran Embassy

Senshi
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Senshi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 am

This is amazing! Starting to use it now. Great work!
Current Characters: Gruk, Velshar.

Amazing Portrait pack ill be using for all my character made by one of our community member: OACPP

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Update!

Optional Arelith Community Portrait Pack v4.6.16
6,805 Files
1,361 Portraits

:arrow: I am very excited to feature ae-rie, an artist on DeviantArt who's work I had unwittingly added in the past, and they have graciously offered us up even more outstanding work! Thanks ae-rie! Their portraits in the OACPP are featured here

:arrow: 3 submissions added, including ae-rie's

:arrow: I did more scouring of google images and found 7 more pictures I thought would make great portraits. Cropped, formatted and added to the pack

All 10 added portraits can be found here

:arrow: Found two more duplicates:
b_hu_fe-23 is a duplicate of M30_
Kept b_hu_fe-23 since it has a link to the author

MPortrait311_ is a duplicate of Arinoch
Well...mostly...Someone took the former and made 2 very small edits to it, giving him blue eyes and making him smile slightly. I kept MPortrait311 because I felt the changes in Arinoch, while subtle, clashed with the color-scheme and thematic mood of the piece.

Both duplicates can be found here

DOWNLOADS

Get the full portrait pack here:
OACPP v4.6.16 Full

If you already have the main download from the last update and just need what I added today, then you can get the incremental here:
OACPP v4.6.16 Incremental
Thanks, and as always, if you have anything you'd like me to add, just drop me a line in my inbox and I'll take a look.

And don't forget to hit the Subscribe Topic link at the very bottom if you want to be notified for updates!
(the new forums have it in the little drop down menu with the little wrench in it)
Version 4.6.16 is out!

The Eldafiran Embassy

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SteelsSweets » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Will the workshop be updated?
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:01 pm

It has been
Version 4.6.16 is out!

The Eldafiran Embassy

Richørd

Post by Richørd » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:09 pm

Greetings, I wanted to find a specific portrait_file_name so I can get my characters current portrait changed.

Tried finding this one ... : https://imgur.com/a/lhxbfRa
... but sadly I am either incompetent or it's just too hard to find a specific portrait just by using the NWN explorer.
Please send me a small PM if you can help me out :)

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:09 am

Is this still maintained, or is there another way I should get my portrait out there?

afreshstart

Post by afreshstart » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 am

Not sure! Haven't been able to contact Crag through forums, maybe he is not checking his inbox currently?

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Hey, I just tried to pm Crag but the message won't be sent. Is this still maintained?
plays Arkasukh Batu

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Sorry guys, I've been on a tenatively temporary break from Arelith. My last run of playing took a lot out of me. I'm not sure if/when I'll be returning, but this won't be getting an update while I'm on the break. I believe my inbox is full now too, and that also wont be getting taken care of while I'm on break.

I am open to someone taking this over if you're willing to put in the work. I'm also looking for those who would like to take part in the project, whether it be contributing content, voting on content, or helping to convert files for people. I have created a Discord server for the OACPP. If you are interested, please pop in and say hi. Link is below:
https://discord.gg/hdpGbjZ
Version 4.6.16 is out!

The Eldafiran Embassy