Wich camera you prefer and why?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cybernet21

Wich camera you prefer and why?

Post by Cybernet21 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:23 pm

I normally use top down camera,becuase i cant adapt with the driving cam and the chase cam is just bad
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Wich camera you prefer and why?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:54 am

Driving. I sometimes use free camera (middle mouse) when standing in corners or setting up fixtures, but I like that driving camera gives me a moderately long view and keeps it pointed in the direction that my character is facing, so that I don't have to constantly fiddle with it.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:00 am

Free camera, I'm used enough to microing in different games it doesn't bother me and is more helpful that way.
:)

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:40 am

Cortex wrote:Free camera, I'm used enough to microing in different games it doesn't bother me and is more helpful that way.
Ah i see,didnt know there was a free camera,will try to see if i like it
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:45 am

I've been using top-down, though whenever I'm crafting or repairing stuff, the crafting fixtures bounce a lot - enough to give me motion sickness, and I have no idea how to stop it from doing that.

How do you turn on free camera? Haven't yet found the option >.<
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:58 am

cptcuddlepants wrote:I've been using top-down, though whenever I'm crafting or repairing stuff, the crafting fixtures bounce a lot - enough to give me motion sickness, and I have no idea how to stop it from doing that.

How do you turn on free camera? Haven't yet found the option >.<
Rambling Midget said it's middle mouse button

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:27 am

Arrow Keys: Rotate/Zoom
Page Up/Page Down: Raise/Lower Camera
Home/End: Zoom In/Zoom Out (Maximum)
Insert/Delete: Straight Forward/Straight Down
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:47 am

The Rambling Midget wrote:Arrow Keys: Rotate/Zoom
Page Up/Page Down: Raise/Lower Camera
Home/End: Zoom In/Zoom Out (Maximum)
Insert/Delete: Straight Forward/Straight Down
I was not aware we had other camera presets. I've just been using this forever.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

High Primate

Post by High Primate » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:45 am

I use top-down, though I have a mouse with an additional middle mouse button, which is really handy, so a lot of my camera-moving is done by "grabbing" the screen and panning to the angle I need.
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

Devil Dog
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Devil Dog » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Free camera but i set my view generally so its angled some from the top down view. Keyboatd for character movement and mouse for screen movement. For me i dont grab the screen to move it, but just bounce my curser off the right or left sides of the map to rotate that way or to quickly spin a 360. Oh and mouse wheel for zooming

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:06 am

I once decided to play Arelith while using camera settings that practically turned NWN into a 1st-person experience.

Didn't last a week. NWN models look really creepy close-up.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Flame Magical2

Post by Flame Magical2 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:25 am

How do you set Driving camera?

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Flame Magical2 wrote:How do you set Driving camera?
ESC->options->controls>check the box with "Driving Cam"

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:47 pm

cptcuddlepants wrote:...whenever I'm crafting or repairing stuff, the crafting fixtures bounce a lot - enough to give me motion sickness, and I have no idea how to stop it from doing that.
In the game options, under "Controls" (i think, its been awhile) there's a wee-little checkbox called "Enable Dialog Zoom" or somesuch. If that is checked, every time you start an NPC convo, you get that jarring camera zoom. Uncheck that and your camera won't give you the barfies. Hope that helps!

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Artos13 wrote:
cptcuddlepants wrote:...whenever I'm crafting or repairing stuff, the crafting fixtures bounce a lot - enough to give me motion sickness, and I have no idea how to stop it from doing that.
In the game options, under "Controls" (i think, its been awhile) there's a wee-little checkbox called "Enable Dialog Zoom" or somesuch. If that is checked, every time you start an NPC convo, you get that jarring camera zoom. Uncheck that and your camera won't give you the barfies. Hope that helps!
oh my god.. I played this game since it came out and i never noticed that Enable Dialog Zoom checkbox.....your my Heeeeeroooooooo Arrrrrrrtoooossss. I always use the top down camera.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:28 am

Seekeepeek wrote:
Artos13 wrote:
oh my god.. I played this game since it came out and i never noticed that Enable Dialog Zoom checkbox.....your my Heeeeeroooooooo Arrrrrrrtoooossss. I always use the top down camera.
Same here.... my life has been changed forever!

Umskiptar

Post by Umskiptar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:38 am

Free camera until I broke my mouse's middle button (4th mouse, same case). Now I kinda got used to driving camera but it's still painful to play the game.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:13 am

Cybernet21 wrote:
Flame Magical2 wrote:How do you set Driving camera?
ESC->options->controls>check the box with "Driving Cam"
For a faster swap, hit the * key on your numpad.