Post Death Wounds

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

chocolatelover

Post Death Wounds

Post by chocolatelover » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:51 pm

So, a character dies. No body, no clues. Then they return from the Fugue all weak and forgetful. Their friends take them to a healer. Is it possible without breaking Post Death Amnesia rules to ooc let healer have a clue how you died so they can RP a cure you? ( Hmm...you have a signs of poisoning, a nasty bump on the head, a scar from a knife wound). Just seems like it's difficult to RP when my PC doesn't know she died much less that she was murdered and neither apparently does anyone else.

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Post Death Wounds

Post by DM Monkey » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:57 am

No.

When a PC dies, it leaves behind clues that can be investigated. If there is no body left behind, no bloodstain or tracks to -investigate, then you’re out of mechanical luck and will need to rely on IC methods to try and find out more information, which won’t be from the resurrected character.

Totally ok for a healer to be the sort that will just make stuff up and lie to you IC though. e.g. “Ah yes, I can see he was poisoned and… what’s this?! It was a deadly nightshade of the variety sold by my competitions shopfront!”

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.