A question about the NWN editor.

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

ArcanaFTW

A question about the NWN editor.

Post by ArcanaFTW » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:01 am

Hello! I'm just inquiring as to whether the follow are models, in the games files, and also if they are able to be played through changing the player model. I'm asking for an ambitious friend who wants to get his hands dirty with the NWN editor!

Satyr.
Centaur.
Dryad. (I know it's in the game, but still!)
Shade.
Any god/god-like avatar models.

JediMindTrix

Re: A question about the NWN editor.

Post by JediMindTrix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:17 am

There are not models for these in the editor, except the shadows. God/godlike avatar is subject to interpretation. You can play the Shadow model easily but it won't be 'dynamic' like player models; I.E. putting armor on it will not show armor. Some models won't even show weapons.

That said, there is an overwhelming horde of incredible custom content available on the
There are, however, models for these available on the vault, in hordes and hordes. The biggest, widest base to obtain new models for monsters (and placeables, and heads), besides the Sinfar haks, would be CEP.

There is also Project Q, which is smaller in scope than CEP but everything inside of it is high quality content, and also reskins tilesets and adds the excellent Dwarven Halls and something Dungeons tileset. The dungeon tileset has raise-able terrain.

CEP has the Centaur, Project Q does not.

If your friend is committed to building a module/PW world, eventually he will need these links for tutorials.

My advice is to learn as you go, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: A question about the NWN editor.

Post by Mithreas » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:25 am

However, note that we don't use any custom content in Arelith. This is a deliberate decision to make the server as accessible as possible.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.