Druid and Essences

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DaTexican

Druid and Essences

Post by DaTexican » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Short and sweet.

Is there any way what so ever to get a druid that is wildshaped to do elemental damage on hit?

As it stands there is no way for a wildshaped druid to kill say a troll, without wildshaping. For a regular druid thats not a problem, but for a totem druid, unwildshaping spells death pretty quick. If the answers no then so be it. I know i read about the possibility of "Gauntlets" being included in totem druid wildshap equipment which WOULD allow you to apply a essence, in this case to your gauntlets, but asside that I don't think there is any hope but I wanted to ask.
Be Prepared

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Druid and Essences

Post by Mithreas » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:50 pm

No.

Limited attack potential is the main balancing feature on totem druids. Note that if you summon say a fire elemental before you shift, you can rely on its fire damage to help you kill trolls. But you'll still have trouble with stuff that has X/+Y DR.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Montaugh

Re: Druid and Essences

Post by Montaugh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:43 pm

You can also use elemental shift on a totem and shift into a fire elemental.

As far as I know the last time I tried it essences did not work on a Druid's wildshapes either, nor do they merge weapons. So a Druid and a Totem are in the same boat shifted and either need to use a fire elemental summon or shift into a fire elemental to deal with trolls.