Can I learn a language with my int where it is?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Can I learn a language with my int where it is?

Post by Durvayas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:00 am

Okay. So I play a drow with mage and ranger levels.

So mechanically I know six languages. -si,-dr,-an,-un,-xa, --.

I've got an int of 16.

All of the languages I know come from my classes and race. I remember that auxiliary languages are determined by your int... so I want to know...

With my +3 int bonus, am I able to learn more languages or am I unable to learn any more? Is there a base number of free languages before the bonus becomes moot? Are class languages counted towards the bonus or no?

I'm confused, but I've got language textbooks. Before I get a tutor IC to teach me another language(I've got one lined up) can I have it clarified that it is even possible to expand my linguistics further?
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

caldura firebourne

Re: Can I learn a language with my int where it is?

Post by caldura firebourne » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:46 am

Certainly, the languages you have are class and race languages which do not count towards the cap. With a 16 Int you should be able to learn 3 additional languages
Plays as the monster in your closet

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Can I learn a language with my int where it is?

Post by Durvayas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:38 am

Excellent. Thanks
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)