Favoured soul

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Ozzy.nl

Favoured soul

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:28 pm

So being a divine sorseress sounds very interesting.
But seeing how little the information is on the wiki I was hoping to find another player who might be able to tell me more about the favour soul class.

What I want to know is, what kind of spells do they get, what are there prime stats, how do you play one both rp as pve. And does any one have a nicw build for one?

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Re: Favoured soul

Post by Morderon » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:00 pm

What kind of spells:

What is there prime stat(s):

How to build one?

Answer: As a bard. Just without the bard song.

The only exception is what spells you'll want to have as known. As you might want to favor spells with a short duration, spells that are good to cast at the start of each encounter (or during each), or spells that will be needed by the party (read: requires multiple castings). Longer duration spells can come from wands.

Edit: The other building difference is that given favored souls lack bard song (and therefore lingering music) and cannot take auto-quicken you might be inclined to have less favored soul levels; with only enough to get the spells you really want or to extend them.

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:34 am

Actually, there's a balance to the cool down, using Extend Spell, and the fact that levels = higher duration. Can easily buff an entire party at relatively low levels with long lasting buffs. So the role of a buffer is done easily.

Being a favored soul of a Charm deity also fits really well, because CHA. With enchantment foci, and the plethora of CHA gear, you can lay foes out well with the mind affecting spells on the spell list.

God In Action

Post by God In Action » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm trying out melee focused Favoured Soul. I think it should mix well with Blackguard or Paladin, or Chamption of Torm.