Feats Progression

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Feats Progression

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:05 am

Hello.

I am now on work (in a break time) and I was trying to figure a build but I am unsure about how the feats are acquired (amount and where) and cannot acced to wiki...

So from what I am stating below, what is wrong? (as I think something is not quite right, but can't check it online):

1. I saw you get one feat at level one and then, another each three levels: 1, 3, 6, 9... and so untill level 30. Is that right? (1 feat/3 levels?)

2. Fighter gets 1 feat at level one and then, each pair level they get an additional one, as per say: at level 1, 2, 4, 6, 8... Is this right?

3. Cleric gets only the standard 1 feat each three clerical levels, as per say: 1 feat at level 3, 6, 9... (the same of point 1, not additional feats as for warriors or wizards)

4. If I were right, then in the following progression are rightly noted the feats one get?

Overall level / Class and level class / Feats overall level / Feats of Class / Total acquired level

PC level 1 ---------- Fighter lvl 1 --------------- 1 ------------------- 1 ------------------- 2
PC level 2 ---------- Fighter lvl 2 --------------- 0 ------------------- 1 ------------------- 1
PC level 3 ---------- Fighter lvl 3 --------------- 1 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 1
PC level 4 ---------- Fighter lvl 4 --------------- 0 ------------------- 1 ------------------- 1
PC level 5 ---------- Cleric lvl 1 ----------------- 0 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 0
PC level 6 ---------- Cleric lvl 2 ----------------- 1 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 1
PC level 7 ---------- Cleric lvl 3 ----------------- 0 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 0
PC level 8 ---------- Cleric lvl 4 ----------------- 0 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 0
PC level 9 ---------- Cleric lvl 5 ----------------- 1 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 1
PC level 10 -------- Cleric lvl 6 ----------------- 0 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 0
PC level 11 --------- Cleric lvl 7 ----------------- 0 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 0
PC level 12 ----------Cleric lvl 8 ----------------- 1 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 1
PC level 13 ----------Cleric lvl 9 ----------------- 0 ------------------- 0 ------------------- 0
PC level 14 ---------- Weapon Master lvl 1 ---- 0 ------------------- 0 * ------------------ 0 *

This cannot be, but I don't know where is the mistake...
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Feats Progression

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:24 am

I think I got it...

From the standard leveling, you get a feat by each three levels but none at first level (maybe I was mistaking this as when I make humans, who get one extra feat at first level)

Am I right and on a non human you don't get 1 feat in level 1? (Not counting the feat you get in fighter level one)...Is this right?
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Ils ne passeront pas

Post by Ils ne passeront pas » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:27 am

Everyone gets one feat at level 1, and then one feat every level divisible by 3 afterwards. (3, 6, 9, etc.)

Humans get an extra feat at level 1.

Fighters get an extra feat at fighter level 1, and then an extra feat every even fighter level thereafter.

Champions of Torm get an extra feat every even CoT level.

All classes get bonus feats when taking epic levels in said class. (Cleric 21+, etc)
"Tell me Man; Is there not one in all your ranks? Is there no one who values courage over life?"

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:45 am

Ils ne passeront pas wrote:Everyone gets one feat at level 1, and then one feat every level divisible by 3 afterwards. (3, 6, 9, etc.)

Humans get an extra feat at level 1.

Fighters get an extra feat at fighter level 1, and then an extra feat every even fighter level thereafter.

Champions of Torm get an extra feat every even CoT level.

All classes get bonus feats when taking epic levels in said class. (Cleric 21+, etc)

Merci beaucoup Ils ne passeront pas :P

Thank you