monk/werewolf aligment

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Re: monk/werewolf aligment

Post by Dalenger » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:24 am

Mithreas wrote: I do want to improve it, but doing something that (e.g.) checks how close the character is to the werewolf is very expensive computationally.
Not that I know anything about NWN coding, but...
why not just add chance of infection every time you take damage from a werewolf?
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Cihparg » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Dalenger wrote:
Mithreas wrote: I do want to improve it, but doing something that (e.g.) checks how close the character is to the werewolf is very expensive computationally.
Not that I know anything about NWN coding, but...
why not just add chance of infection every time you take damage from a werewolf?
GetDistanceBetween(object oObjectA, object oObjectB) or GetDistanceToObject (object oObject) aren't very expensive from what I remember.
Correct me if I'm wrong, though!

Also, if I remember right, there isn't really a good "on damage event".

Beep boop.

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:01 pm

As I understand it, any sort of pathfinding script (GetDistanceX) isn't taxing on it's own, individually; but to multiply it by multiple werewolves vs. multiple players over many attempts per round to simulate multiple attacks would snowball it rather nicely.

Could an on-hit unique power be given to the creature weapon for the were[insert animal here]? Granted, that doesn't deal with the new PC lycanthropes, unless you could actually give them a small 1dX creature weapon for the sake of the effect.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:17 pm

Creature weapons are purposefully not present in totem forms so that no DR-piercing is achieved by means of DR spells. I'm thinking it's likely the same here.

I am curious though... some polymorph forms have non-natural weapons auto-equipped, like Tenser's Transformation and the +3 longsword that that form has equipped. Maybe the werewolf polymorph form (and module creatures?) could have a weapon equipped in the visible-to-PCs weapon slot so that it would not provide DR-piercing, but would allow for the possibility of an on-hit property?

Then again, on-hit properties are also considered to be fairly performance-expensive.

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Lorkas wrote:Creature weapons are purposefully not present in totem forms so that no DR-piercing is achieved by means of DR spells. I'm thinking it's likely the same here.
Didn't think of that, but then, the fact that Stoneskin, et al on a creature with a creature weapon makes it DR piercing, is an inconsistency between NWN and real D&D rules (which would state that the creature's DR has to be natural DR, not effect granted) that should be addressed and corrected separately.