Silver Weapons

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

High Primate

Silver Weapons

Post by High Primate » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:19 am

I'm just curious, aside from the arrows, why can't you craft silver melee weapons? It seems like a simple matter of taking silver ingots and using a forge. Is there some reason why they haven't been added?
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

Lorkas

Re: Silver Weapons

Post by Lorkas » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:34 am

Silver is too soft to make weapons out of unless a particular ritual is performed, and that ritual can only be performed by a small number of specific NPCs.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Lorkas wrote:Silver is too soft to make weapons out of unless a particular ritual is performed, and that ritual can only be performed by a small number of specific NPCs.

But said that, may be awesome that we (players) may create not only master weapons but mastery crafted things requiring both, special components and high dcs, as it was suggested in the suggestion box...

So allowing alloys with alchemical silver (that were strong enough), etc.

Maybe not just things more powerful than the masterly damask weapons and such, but with diferent focus... Like silver has (extra against werebeings and nothing else) perhaps.

Crafting is really a field that could get widely enhanced... to allow the existence of "Master- Crafters" of each area with some amazing (not OP) things that only they may create. ^^

Ofc, there are explanations about why someone is not allowed for players, but...

Also, the idea about crafting was that the players were those allowed to create the best things, instead just allow the npcs to sell them, to encourage more RP situations.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:17 am

Actually, a weapon doesnt need to be solely made out of silver. Use the japanese lamination method, combining different grades of metal into a single blade. You get the anti werewolf effects of the silver, and the sturdiness of the steel. Could be a simple crafting recipe of 1 silver ingot + 1 steel ingot + 2 coal
With a decently high DC, say, maybe around 30 or so

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:20 am

CragOrion wrote:Actually, a weapon doesnt need to be solely made out of silver. Use the japanese lamination method, combining different grades of metal into a single blade. You get the anti werewolf effects of the silver, and the sturdiness of the steel. Could be a simple crafting recipe of 1 silver ingot + 1 steel ingot + 2 coal
With a decently high DC, say, maybe around 30 or so
The Man of the Moon wrote:... So allowing alloys with alchemical silver (that were strong enough), etc.
This is what I meant with alloys. ;)

EIDT:
BTW... Currently now we have an alloy using silver:
Masterly Damask weapons, which uses silver in its alloy during the creation process.

I totally forgot about that, even when I think I suggested once about allow the masterly damask weapons to count as silver against werewolves or werebeings in general.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

DM Merricat

Post by DM Merricat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm

The Man of the Moon wrote: Currently now we have an alloy using silver:
Masterly Damask weapons, which uses silver in its alloy during the creation process.
All Masterly weapons use silver. I think silver in this case is the alloy used to make the weapon "masterly", as opposed to pure silver, which is traditionally used against Lycanthropes (and sold by a variety of NPCs).