RPR... Should it be affected by ECL as it is?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

RPR... Should it be affected by ECL as it is?

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 am

My though is that as RPR is rewarding the Role Play a player develops, should not get affected by any mechanical feature, as how strong or weak his build was.

Makes (in my opinion, ofc) more sense that the asigned RP reward was the same with independence of the ECL you gave to your character... Otherway seems like you may reward or penalty yourself for your RP erward in base to the build.

Also... If the Server is mainly RP. the RPR should encourage the RP invested time, but not discourage as it will happen if you made a character with a huge ECL.

If a heavy ECL is going to receive a so small XP reward from the RPR, the said character will get encouraged more to grind than to stay RPing (if pretending level up).

If the RPR doesn't get modified by the real level a character had, why should intervenite the ECL on that?

And opposite... a humble gift character will incerase his RPR reward as if he got a better one... Why?

ECL should just modify the experienced received from the adventures, and not the RPR.

Opinions?
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: RPR... Should it be affected by ECL as it is?

Post by Mithreas » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:40 am

Yes.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.