Items disappearing

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Fyare

Items disappearing

Post by Fyare » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Recently I have started on Arelith. Though I haven't played that much, I did notice one thing a few times after coming online: most of my items have disappeared.

The only items I still have left are Innate Ability, equipped clothing and Dagger (Iron). Everything else, including the Book of Deities, is gone.

After the first disappearance, I asked my friend about it, and he asked if I quit the game using Alt + F4. I did quit the game after using Alt + F4. So I made a new character (since I hadn't done much anyway), and played for a bit. After learning from my first mistake, I made sure to quit the game by pressing Esc > Exit to main menu > Exit. But the next time I logged on this character, the items were gone again.
I'm not entirely sure, but I might recall seeing in the event log that the items got removed, upon the second log in. I might have to check again to confirm this.

Does anyone know if this happens for a reason? Or if there might be a bug? I'm still pretty new at the whole game, so maybe I did make a mistake somewhere. If that would be possible... I'd love to get some help with this. ^^

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Items disappearing

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Did you delete and remake a character with the same name?
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:50 pm

I don't think Alt-f4 does it. That's pretty much how I always exit the game. Usually it's due to what TRM says above.

Fyare

Post by Fyare » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:51 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:Did you delete and remake a character with the same name?
Same account, different character name. I never used the same name for characters at all so far.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:41 pm

This has a pretty through list of how crap disappears randomly

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2693

In addition to those examples...

Characters with the same name
Items that were held by characters from the same player disappear (aka: the anti-muling script)
Interacting with chests during periods of high lag.

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Cihparg » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:55 am

Where did you buy the game?
What port are you using?

Figured those two things should be checked.

Beep boop.

Fyare

Post by Fyare » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Sorry for the late response, I haven't been on my pc much the past few days.

I decided to make another character using a made up name I often use for other games to make sure the items won't be removed because another character with the same name exists. Made her last night, but I just checked and got the "item lost: *item name*" spam again, and all gone.

I got the game from GoG, and patched it to 1.69.

I guess the port you are asking for is the ClientPort number in the nwnplayer.ini file? I had to google that quick. A while back I changed it because I couldn't connect to the server, and found a link telling me changing the port would fix it. I changed 5120 to 9584. On the wiki it says "Change 5120 to some other whole number between 1025 and 65535." so I did that. It did help me get into Arelith, but I don't know if it caused this problem in stead?

Fyare

Post by Fyare » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:43 pm

msterswrdsmn wrote:In addition to those examples...

Characters with the same name
Items that were held by characters from the same player disappear (aka: the anti-muling script)
Interacting with chests during periods of high lag.
I did make one character to do quick tests if I was able to get into the realm, which I deleted just now. This character did seem to keep the items. But one item all characters still owned, was the iron dagger. I guess it's worth checking if I can keep items again now.

Update: New character did keep items after a relog. Looks like the solution has been found. ^^

Fyare

Post by Fyare » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Sorry for the triple post, but a bump might help get back some attention. :?

The character that did keep her items after relogging, has still lost her items. The relog I did right after creating > log in > relog was probably too fast. This means it was not the anti-muling script after all...