Fighter Passive

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Tomato Sword

Fighter Passive

Post by Tomato Sword » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:20 am

Do you get the +1 enhancement bonus, etc per 5/LV on -ranged- weapons? Or is it just for melee?

If it does work on a ranged weapon, what happens if you get +1 Enhancement on a sling, for example? o.o

Thanks!

Lorkas

Re: Fighter Passive

Post by Lorkas » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:40 pm

It applies +1 AB to the sling, and +1 damage to the bullets.

Tomato Sword

Post by Tomato Sword » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Oh that's cool! Thank you!

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but is this something you've actually tested yourself?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Yep. No need to apologize--always good to know how someone knows something.

Tomato Sword

Post by Tomato Sword » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:16 pm

<: Thanks!

Now I think I already know the answer to this question, but if I had an Iron Bolt, the damage from fighter passive wouldn't stack with the +1 damage already from Iron Bolt?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:37 pm

That's right. If you have a bolt with something like +1 fire damage though, that will stack with fighter bonus damage.

Eye_of_the_raven

Post by Eye_of_the_raven » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:14 am

Instead of starting a new topic I'd like to leech off of this one:

The passive bonus that is applied to various items, does it stack with bonus that the item already has? For example: Does the +1 AC fighter passive bonus stack with the AC bonus granted by a +1 armor?
Vivat Blasfemia!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:36 am

Nope.

Say you were a fighter level 10 (getting then a +2 bonus)

Then, you use a +1 AC full plate... You will get the +2 AC from your highest figter bonus, who will overlap the bonus given by the own armor.

So this basically means that it is better that you used an plane armor, enchanted with, let's say +1 STR, so you will have +2 AC and +1 STR from your armor.

Same applies with weapons.

Your bonus is applied as physical damage, so the bonus will overlap and the highest bonus on hit and or damage, will be applied.

sample: You are a warrior level 20 (getting a bonus of +4)
With a masterly damask weapon (+3 to hit and +6 to physical dmg) You will get:
+4 to hit (as the fighter bonus will be highest than the +3 provided by the weapon.
+6 to dmg (as the weapon bonus will be highest than the +4 provided as fighter)

Diferent is when the said weapon had a NON physical dmg bonus, that will stack as are diferent types of damage.

As a note... A perfect pure warrior level 30, will bypass ANY DR in the whole game, including the one on dragons... and will use the best posible weapons (any plain enchanted weapon will get +6 to hit, +6 physical dmg!, so imagine that with a enchanted rainbow weapon that had... +1d4 cold dmg +1d4 positive dmg +1d4 negative damage) all of unstopable dmg ignoring all, precognition, golem plates, draconic scales, stone skin.... :lol: (only the % reductions on dmg and the elemental resistences and immunities may be applied to protect from their hits in some small degree)
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:06 am

As an addendum to that final note, "ANY DR in the whole game" does not include the damage resistance gained by barbarians, warlocks, dwarven defenders, or the Epic Damage Reduction feats.

Also, the elemental resistances don't get pierced just because of the fighter bonuses. Just like AA--the physical damage will get through, but the elemental damage will still be blocked by essences.

Any DR that is expressed as X/- (instead of something like 10/+5 or 5/+1) can't be pierced by any type of damage--it is absolute damage resistance that is always active.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 am

Lorkas wrote:As an addendum to that final note, "ANY DR in the whole game" does not include the damage resistance gained by barbarians, warlocks, dwarven defenders, or the Epic Damage Reduction feats.

Also, the elemental resistances don't get pierced just because of the fighter bonuses. Just like AA--the physical damage will get through, but the elemental damage will still be blocked by essences.

Any DR that is expressed as X/- (instead of something like 10/+5 or 5/+1) can't be pierced by any type of damage--it is absolute damage resistance that is always active.
:D Yes mate, thanks, I tend to totally forget something that I hadn't on any of my characters... I am naive! XD
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Kalimere

Post by Kalimere » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Do the weapon enhancement bonuses apply to gloves or only held weapons?
"I'm not grim."
~Andrej Cooper

".....Mostly."
~Also Andrej Cooper

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:38 pm

They do not apply to gloves, and it's intentional.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill