Pirates in Cordor

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Pirates in Cordor

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:05 pm

As far as I know, Pirates arn't specifically 'banned' from any settlment. If that changes (it's really a Dev call more than a DM call) then we'll let you know.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:35 pm

not to mention some are forgetting recent events, or just dont know them. Pirates are coming to cordor in the walls or on the outskirts daily and sometimes hourly.

other toons who claim association to the pirates also during recent events have entered the city, yelled Sencliff lives free and then go on attack sprees.

yes they die in the process, but the city and the PC guards for certain, are going to go after any pirate spotted, because of these events, and how they ignored the NPC's as well.

This is a case of a few players going overboard and its backlash hits others. It also gets old as a player guard to always be chasing pirates, because they are always in cordor.

Dont you guys have oceans to sail? other towns to sneak around?

right now pirates are persona non grata in cordor, by the elected government, with bounties on their heads, you would think they would go elsewhere
Last edited by Ebonstar on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I can sign

GwaiLo

Post by GwaiLo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 pm

Nevrus wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:00 pm
A person with newbie tattoos who hasn't caused a lot of problems has gold and if they aren't making a scene most people will look the other way, though be suspicious.

People with high-level tattoos have directly attacked Cordorian vessels and should probably be driven out.

You don't get to be a Dread Pirate without cracking a few Cordor merchant vessels.
Hey, by look the other way do you mean they aren't supposed to be in the city? I might be asking a dumb question here, are they not officially allowed in the city? That's true there are two pirate writs that involve murdering people. The rest are the same as your usual writs, killing monsters to earn tattoos.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:38 pm

GwaiLo wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 pm
Nevrus wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:00 pm
A person with newbie tattoos who hasn't caused a lot of problems has gold and if they aren't making a scene most people will look the other way, though be suspicious.

People with high-level tattoos have directly attacked Cordorian vessels and should probably be driven out.

You don't get to be a Dread Pirate without cracking a few Cordor merchant vessels.
Hey, by look the other way do you mean they aren't supposed to be in the city? I might be asking a dumb question here, are they not officially allowed in the city? That's true there are two pirate writs that involve murdering people. The rest are the same as your usual writs, killing monsters to earn tattoos.
right now you may be trying to murder people in cordor, and cordor is trying to murder you and hang you from the yardarm.
Yes I can sign

GwaiLo

Post by GwaiLo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:39 pm

DM GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:05 pm
As far as I know, Pirates arn't specifically 'banned' from any settlment. If that changes (it's really a Dev call more than a DM call) then we'll let you know.
Ah thank you sir.

Nobs

Post by Nobs » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:11 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:35 pm
not to mention some are forgetting recent events, or just dont know them. Pirates are coming to cordor in the walls or on the outskirts daily and sometimes hourly.

other toons who claim association to the pirates also during recent events have entered the city, yelled Sencliff lives free and then go on attack sprees.

yes they die in the process, but the city and the PC guards for certain, are going to go after any pirate spotted, because of these events, and how they ignored the NPC's as well.

This is a case of a few players going overboard and its backlash hits others. It also gets old as a player guard to always be chasing pirates, because they are always in cordor.

right now pirates are persona non grata in cordor, by the elected government, with bounties on their heads, you would think they would go elsewhere
You should be glad some players like to play banites , pirates , sharrans etc.
So you have some stuff to do on your cordorian guard.
And im sure all the evil(ish) folks are glad some players like you are willing to play a guard so they can get chased/investigated by you and all that good stuff.

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:28 am

it should really come down to a pirate should never feel so comfortable in a town that they, without any attempt at a disguise, decide to take go see what writs are availables or calmly go read the board. Especially if just the day before they were killed in Cordor for attacking people. Just like my Paladin should never be wandering about Sencliffe like they own the place. Dms only really get involved when players start getting cheesy about things.

GwaiLo

Post by GwaiLo » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am

JubJub wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:28 am
it should really come down to a pirate should never feel so comfortable in a town that they, without any attempt at a disguise, decide to take go see what writs are availables or calmly go read the board. Especially if just the day before they were killed in Cordor for attacking people. Just like my Paladin should never be wandering about Sencliffe like they own the place. Dms only really get involved when players start getting cheesy about things.
I agree, but that is more about the murdering people and not about the tattoos. A pirate who has never murdered anyone would feel fine going to Cordor for a beer, why wouldn't they?

DM Senke

Post by DM Senke » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:10 am

GwaiLo wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am
JubJub wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:28 am
I agree, but that is more about the murdering people and not about the tattoos. A pirate who has never murdered anyone would feel fine going to Cordor for a beer, why wouldn't they?
I can't comment on how a PC pirate would react. However, Cordor as a settlement is assuredly anti-pirate. It is the largest port on the Isle and has direct ties to Amn. This means that any known pirate should expect reactions from the townsfolk to be consistent with the setting. Not all will be hostile, but some might. And you should be prepared for that risk.

GwaiLo

Post by GwaiLo » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:51 am

Okay I think I understand. Theres no law against being a pirate, but a guard might turn off his/her body camera and murder one, and nobody is likely to care about a dead pirate.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:56 am

Nobs wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:11 am
Ebonstar wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:35 pm

You should be glad some players like to play banites , pirates , sharrans etc.
So you have some stuff to do on your cordorian guard.
And im sure all the evil(ish) folks are glad some players like you are willing to play a guard so they can get chased/investigated by you and all that good stuff.
The sheer entitlement in this post is staggering. It looks like you're having fun with generating conflict. Oh don't worry, we were just sitting around waiting for you to arrive. You weren't interrupting. We love daily PvP. We're all winners in the end. Except when you aren't, then it's the collar for you!

Don't forget to leave your vague messages on the messageboards now.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

GwaiLo

Post by GwaiLo » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:00 am

Be nice, you guys are gonna get my thread locked!

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:09 am

It is locked. There’s really nothing more to be said here as it is beginning to divulge into insults.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.