Enchanting, rebuild offer.

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Reallylongunneededplayername

Enchanting, rebuild offer.

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Lets say, the chnge has made my character,
Well, not her anymore. Deprived play motivation etc etc.
Could I just take her XP and make a new character?
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Enchanting, rebuild offer.

Post by Queen Titania » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm

No, we will not transfer the xp to a brand new character.
Please don't feed my sister.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 pm

DM Titania wrote:No, we will not transfer the xp to a brand new character.
Since a thread is already open on the topic, can I throw my question in here too? I'm gonna.

How long is the rebuild offer going to be around? Can we know what the ESF decision will be before it is ended?

DM Sollers

Post by DM Sollers » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Oops. I hit edit instead of quote. Sorry, Hazard. I'm dumb today. Fixed.
How long is the rebuild offer going to be around? Can we know what the ESF decision will be before it is ended?
Rebuild offer will be around until we get to everybody in need, I'm guessing.

As for knowing the decision, that's up to the contributors and coders. The DM team is unaware of any upcoming changes.
Be kind.

cOgnaut

Post by cOgnaut » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:19 am

Hi. Sorry to necro this thread, but I just found out right now that there had been a rebuild offer... My budding enchanter was level 9, and I didn't know what else to do other than to just delevel him back down to level 5. :-(

Is there anything that can still be done at this point?

DariusVassiadi

Post by DariusVassiadi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:57 am

Any idea on what the Epic Spell Focus - Enchantment ability will be before the Enchantment Rebuild period expires so we can carefully consider the consequences of rebuilding whilst being fully informed of what we will be gaining/sacrificing.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:51 am

"Enchantment Rebuild opportunities will stop as of February 22nd. If you are looking to swap out your enchantment feats on old characters that were meant for enchanting, the DM team will assist until then. Afterwards no further rebuilds will be offered for the enchantment change." - DM Spyre

Was posted in the announcements. So you can get your rebuild until the 22nd but it doesn't look like we'll be knowing what the ESF ability is. Are you feeling lucky?

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 pm

I have no intention of rebuilding and removing my characters enchantment foci but I do think giving some information on the new ESF Enchantment ability so people can make an informed decision before rebuilding would be nice.
Chances are quite a few people were waiting for this information before making the decision to rebuild or not, it's likely a very important factor considering all the other ESF abilities.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Orian_666 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 pm
I have no intention of rebuilding and removing my characters enchantment foci but I do think giving some information on the new ESF Enchantment ability so people can make an informed decision before rebuilding would be nice.
Chances are quite a few people were waiting for this information before making the decision to rebuild or not, it's likely a very important factor considering all the other ESF abilities.
For the record, this isn't so much a matter of 'Staff hiding details' but as 'Staff still working out details.' The simple fact is that the team arn't sure what the exact nature of the change will be, so we just can't answer this question right now.

We're not being deceptive or anything with not telling you, we're just know ourselves yet! So yeah, it's a gamble. *shrug* But then things change all the time, you just have to roll with the punches.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Halibutthead

Post by Halibutthead » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:35 pm

So, heres a question: i have a character i would like to use the rebuild on, but i dont necessarily want to remove enchantment. Is that a problem?

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 pm

The rebuild option is specificaly to remove enchantment feats. That's all we will allow you to remove/change. Skill points, stat points, everything else should remain exactly the same. So yeah- I don't think we could do what you wanted there.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Halibutthead

Post by Halibutthead » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Alright, I'll leave him shelved. Thanks, grumpycat!