Q slavery/projectiles

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Flamir

Q slavery/projectiles

Post by Flamir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:18 pm

I still didn't figured those out so please help out!

Enchancing projectiles? Is there any way to have different enchancements on f.e. bolts than those you can buy from a vendor; +1 and so on?

How to make a PC into a slave? How does it work, what are the mechanics. I am terryfied on ammount of human freely roaming the Underdark and feeling in Andunor at home without a collar. Seems like UD is more tolerant than Surface... excuse me wtf? Also shouldn't NPC be aggresive after a disguise being broken on the surface for a Drow and other way around in the UD?

Hmmm I also had sth else in mind but forgot, well...

Best Regards

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Q slavery/projectiles

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 pm

If you want enchanted bolts, you'll want to make Bolt Bundles, and use them on an Assembly Template, both made with Forging or Carpentry. Higher quality bolts will have higher physical bonus damage, and higher quality templates can add more bonus properties from essence and spells, to increase physical and elemental damage.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Regarding a PC becoming a slave, there are a number of Slave Clamper NPCs, including one in Andunor. The character who is becoming a slave needs to speak to one of them and ask to have a slave collar put on. Note that a PC can only be made into a slave with the player's consent.

More information about the slavery mechanic is available on the wiki.

Regarding hostile NPCs, no. Firstly, drow and monstrous PCs should generally be avoiding cities and surface NPCs except in those few places where they are (barely) tolerated, or when conducting raids, which must be DM-supervised. Having NPCs auto-hostile encourages unsupervised killing of NPCs, which is not cool.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Flamir

Post by Flamir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Okay. Well why aren't humans avoiding Andunor then?

And how would you get PC consent to become your slave?

-Hey wanna be my slave?
-No.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Andunor isn't a drow city, or even a monster city. It's an evil-aligned Underdark trade hub. Humans who have been outcast from surface society are common sights there.

As for enslaving PCs, you would be surprised how many players are willing to let their characters be enslaved if the RP is worthwhile.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain