Tailoring - cloth/repair kit

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Flamir

Tailoring - cloth/repair kit

Post by Flamir » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello there,

I have few qestions about tailoring like where to get supplies like cloth, or is there any way to get repair kit? Don't want my items to break cause I believe that how it ends after it goes to 0 am I right?

I tried search but
"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in 3571 seconds."
happens time after time.

Best regards

Zeskay

Re: Tailoring - cloth/repair kit

Post by Zeskay » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Hello, this might help: http://wiki.arelith.com/Tailoring The Wiki is a great resource. Also, the forum search delay should go away once you log in on the forums, but I could be wrong.

Flamir

Post by Flamir » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm

Thanks it is helpful indeed but still didn't answer my questions. Is there any chance to get a ready repair kit or where can I find/loot cloth/ spider silk, I guess the ingot needs to be achieved through froging?

And do I think right about durability getting to 0?

Zeskay

Post by Zeskay » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:02 pm

I'm still rather new to the server myself, but to my knowledge, if you have at least 1 point of tailoring, you can attempt to repair the item for crafting points, with no materials involved. You can buy tailoring repair kits from player shops, or craft your own. You can harvest cotton from plants to make cloth, and you can find spider cocoons in the wild to harvest spider silk. And you are correct about the ingot. Hope that helps!

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:10 pm

1 pt Tailor, you can make Small Cloth out of cotton or spider silk. Most crafted gear has a DC high enough, you'll want to either have 20 pts or use a Kit (which also needs ~20 pts).

Yes, Bronze Ingot need 1 pt Forging, coal and (I think Tin/Zinc) ores.

Note that Kits are 1 pt repair per kit, so if you're buying those 600-800 before you have a gold stream it's prohibitive - most folk RP begging a smith/tailor, or trading services.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Tailor kits need Bolts of Cloth, not Small Cloths. Bolts are DC 5 and require 16 cotton each.

Bronze Ingots take Copper and Tin.

Kits are *not* 1point repair per kit, it is dependant on the GP value of the item. Less expensive items will be repaired more.

Flamir

Post by Flamir » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks for reply, I managed to fix my clothes with 9 sp in tailoring. But now I'm curious how can you fix things like necklace? Carpentry?

I am quite new and still strugling with my possibilities, what should I do and so on, so thanks a lot ;)

naturaly

Post by naturaly » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Necklace and rings are repair with art. Art can also repair helmets so they can fix the jewelry crowns.

Actually, do necklace and rings even get damaged?

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:54 pm

naturaly wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:38 pm
Actually, do necklace and rings even get damaged?
Narp.

Also means you won't be able to repair charge/use amulets/rings.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill