What's causing areatransit crash?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Huschpfusch

What's causing areatransit crash?

Post by Huschpfusch » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:17 am

Is there any known thing that causes NWN to crash on areaload within the last 10% of loading? Happens only sometimes.
Did not run any programs aside from NWN this time. Still crash. Game acte up before crash this time though. Massive lag.
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

naturaly

Re: What's causing areatransit crash?

Post by naturaly » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 am

It appears to be a memory leak after you have the game open for a long time. Regular full exit and relaunch of nwnmain works for me, but is a pain.

MisterMadara

Post by MisterMadara » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:36 am

I crash every time I go to the Outskirts in Cordor, or the Cultural District. It happens even if I only just load the game and it's very annoying, it has only been happening I would say.. 2 weeks at the most.

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Encountered a new variety today: the imperfectly loaded game.
Game did load during all the areatransits including the dreaded Cultural district and Curdor outsides (huzzah!) but on Nomad load only the character portrait and chatboxes etc. showed. The entire map itself was blackspace. x.x Since game and computer had not been running long this must have some other cause than the normal loadscreen crashes. Also there werent many ppl playing on City server so traffic cannot be cause of this.

Guess relaunching game is only option in that case also? <.<
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:41 am

ive noticed more crashes with windows 10 since the last try at the auto updater. I have to restart my laptop every two days now instead of once a week
Yes I can sign