Grey name while stealthed?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Orian_666

Grey name while stealthed?

Post by Orian_666 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:51 am

Remember before EE if you were in stealth, or you saw someone stealthing, the floaty name would be Grey instead of the default Blue?

Does anyone know if that's going to be brought back or what? Playing a high Spot character can be a bit confusing when you spot a stealther but don't know if they're hiding or not. I mean it makes sense you'd know, they'd be making an obvious effort to hide their presence which you've spotted!!

If this is an actual change and not only something that's messed up on my end then can anyone tell me why it was changed or if it's something that will return eventually?

And if it's only happening to me then can anyone suggest a fix or some setting I may have messed with that I can change so stealthers will be Grey again?

Thank you!

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Grey name while stealthed?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:31 am

AFAIK, that ran off of the same system as disguise names (which are still busted) by adding a color change code to your character's name.

If you were in stealth and opened your journal, it would be blank, because the game had created a new journal text file for this "new character" with an unknown name, just like being disguised.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Orian_666

Re: Grey name while stealthed?

Post by Orian_666 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:45 am

Coulda sworn i've seen the greyed out names in the campaigns, like not on Arelith.
But hey, I could be wrong, hopefully i'm wrong, if it's a NWNX thing like disguise then hopefully we'll get it back eventually.

Thanks for the response.