Still having trouble after recent upgrade

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Gable Morninglord
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Still having trouble after recent upgrade

Post by Gable Morninglord » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:59 pm

I am running Linux MInt. I Just upgraded and the game will not launch. I can connect to Steam, but when I attempt to start the game a window pops up that says "Preparing to Launch NeverWinter Nights"..................and then nothing happens.

When I revert back to oldstable, the game will launch. But the servers I wish to play on have already upgraded, so they show up as offline and I am unable to connect to them. I have attempted to 'opt out of betas", and the game will not launch.

I have run a test to verify the integrity of the the files, and the results come back 100% verified. Nothing corrupted.

I have un-installed, and re-installed the game, and the results are the same.

I have also looked for crashlogs in /home/oem/.local/share/Neverwinter Nights, but there are no recent crashes. Which makes me believe the game is simply not launching.

Could someone please help out?
Man of Action.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Still having trouble after recent upgrade

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:52 pm

Because you're running on Linux, and EE was written to be a "better Windows resident" I suspect your best bet would be to head over to the Beamdog forums and file a support ticket titled something like "Linux Launch Issue."

Another good thing to know would be if anyone else is running the game on any other Linux platforms/the same one and having the same issue or not. The more information you can gather the faster it can be fixed!
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:19 am

I've talked to Gable. I'm running Linux and I'm not having any problems. I am however playing through Beamdog not Steam.

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:18 am

Try launching the game directly from its executable instead from steam launcher. That "Preparing to Launch NeverWinter Nights" sounds like steam thing to me.

I had many times similar situations on Windows that launching NWN through steam won't work.