Low frame rate in Bendir and Skal

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

livingNPC

Low frame rate in Bendir and Skal

Post by livingNPC » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi

Running a beast of a machine, GTX1070, 16gb ram, i7 and all drivers up to date, but the frame rate in Skal and Bendir is unbearable. Is there a box I shouldn't tick or that I should in the settings?

Zeskay

Re: Low frame rate in Bendir and Skal

Post by Zeskay » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Same. My computer is far from a potato, so I'm not sure what's going on. Skal is fine, but Bendir is a -3 FPS nightmare. I lowered shadows, grass, light sources, everything I could think of, but still struggle there. Suggestions appreciated!

Brandon Steel

Post by Brandon Steel » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Unfortunately we’re going to be dealing with this until Beamdog fixes their game, to my knowledge there’s not really a fix or they’re very specific depending on the hardware.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Turning off extra overrides/steam workshop that make the game look better helped me a lot with specifically those two areas.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:59 am

I have no extra things installed and have near identical specs to OP, slightly more of a beast and even my PC struggles with areas such as shadow plane, arcane tower, bendir, skal.

Seems to be visual fx that really do it, like swirly black thingies, sparkly thingies, snow. Not sure what else. Some places at times can be literally unplayable where I am forced to leave or die while defenseless. Other times I return to the same area and it's not as bad.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:41 pm

the one spot in bendir that has a massive slowdown is right outside the nest, with all the signs and raincovers and benchs and all that wrapped into such a tight area

never had one in skal but in arcane tower again, it such a small area with vfx on everything and so many placeables

this could be the cause.
Yes I can sign