Spell Components

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Maladus

Spell Components

Post by Maladus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:05 am

Simple question, is there any way to produce them in mass quantity? I've been doing it through Alchemy and it seems rather discouraging to have to grind hoping for Greenstone to drop to be able to craft something so crucial to arcane casters.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Spell Components

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:16 am

Sand and coal are everywhere, and you can just ask your buddies to give you greenstone. You should be picking up more than enough for your own purposes in your daily wanderings. Most people have spare gems that they don't even know about, because of autoloot.

I'm not sure how you'd be served by producing them in "mass quantity". You'd still be using Alchemy, and you'd still need greenstone.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 pm

There are tons of Greenstone veins about. Malachite for Artists is much harder to keep up on. As said, if you are having trouble, hire some non-casters to scavenge for you.

It would be nice if we had a 10 stack recipe for components. I'm pretty sure this has been suggested - not sure if there's a cost to the number of recipes on file.

Code: Select all

Spell Components (Bulk)	*** 19	80	10001 gold	10 Glass 10 Malachite	10 Spell Components
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:42 pm

Anyone with a shop and who isn't an arcanist needing components themselves can make very easy profit putting all the greenstones and malachites they find in there and charging 100 a piece. Or more... Someone will pay it. (For the cut ones, not raw.)

The biggest inconvenience isn't finding them as much as cutting raw greenstones/malachite one by one. By one by one by one.. Being able to cut cheap gems ten at a time would be an enormous quality of life improvement.

naturaly

Post by naturaly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Check the resource maps for greenstone locations. There is one in Cordor mercantile building and one upstairs in hawks nest inn in Bendir Dale. There are almost 20 nodes in south Arelith, many of them in easy to follow circles.

Greenstones only need 1 point to cut so standing outside Nomad asking artists to cut is not at all out of the realm of possibility to get 40 fast.

Glass is easy so it is down to 8 craft points per component item, that’s around 6 per in game day. Set an IRL timer for 2 hours 25 minutes and don’t miss a day.

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:42 am

I was operating under the impression that 1 Spell Component = 1 Spell Cast...now having reached the point where I can cast those spells I know this is not the case and there isn't really a need to mass produce them.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:09 am

ive sold six hundred in the last two days, with the large amount of casters and the need for them for level 7,8,9 spells in incremental use,, there is always a reason for mass production
Yes I can sign