Spellsword Imbue questions

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

WanderingPoet

Spellsword Imbue questions

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Magic Imbue
5%/10%/15% to Dispel on hit (No save)

The wiki states that its a 15% chance to dispel on hit with no save - but what does this mean?

15% of my hits cast dispel magic? Greater dispel magic? 15% chance on every hit to wipe out one spell? If it is casting the spell, what is the power? Greater dispel is 1d20 + CL (max 22) vs 12 + caster level - how does it work here? What's the max, is it affected by abjuration spell foci?

----------

Cold Imbue
-1 APR for 2/4/6 Rounds (Fort)
50% Movement speed reduction

The APR reduction is on a fort save, is the movement speed reduction attached to that save? How long does it last if it isn't? Does it have a save?

------------
When you get to 21 you get double imbue but imbue can only hit once per flurry. Does it randomly choose between the two imbuements or do both go off 3 times a round? If you dual wield how does it choose between the four? I imagine the first weapon to hit per flurry?

Thanks!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

garrbear758

Re: Spellsword Imbue questions

Post by garrbear758 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:50 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the dispel will strip one buff with no save on a 15% chance. Greater imbue will activate both effects once per flurry, but will not activate a second time when dual wielding. In addition, the damage from your imbues will hit with every attack, just not the special effects. I believe the cold imbue slow is attached to the save, and lasts as long as the APR reduction.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:27 pm

1) Magic imbue is a 15% to have whatever you hit be hit be a greater dispelling, as if you'd cast it (So your CL+d20+abjuration focuses).

2) Move speed reduction is tied to the save, it appears.

3) It applies both. If you dual wield it'll probably be the first one that hits.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

flower

Post by flower » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:39 pm

I am glad it is common dispel and not auto-dispelling.

Not related question to the dispel on hit, but does SS himself needs to worry of dispels? Beside barskin? EMA is unremovable. Haste and barskin can be reapplied easily.

Dirac

Post by Dirac » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm

Hunter548 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:27 pm
1) Magic imbue is a 15% to have whatever you hit be hit be a greater dispelling, as if you'd cast it (So your CL+d20+abjuration focuses).
Please don't take offense to this but are you sure this is true? I'm doing a first blush sniff test and i'm thinking this sort of math would make it useless (IMO) since mathematically there is an "and" statement there, so you have to multiply whatever the probabilities of dispel (as greater dispel goes through and rolls against each buff) is by 0.15 making it a very very low probability even against someone as with a very low CL.

For example, even if greater dispel had a probability of 100% (which it doesn't but pretty close) to dispel, you're still gonna need to land like 7 shots on avg to trigger a dispel that will get most of their buffs in one shot.

Is this how it is working in game?

flower

Post by flower » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Honestly, i see no reason for this feature to be in. Why should SS dispel anyone on hit? SS character has access to the best dispel spell in the game. Why give that class also dispel on hit.

And if their dispel was automatic without a dispel check it would be quite unfair to all other combat spellcasters like bards and clerics.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Dirac wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm
Hunter548 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:27 pm
Please don't take offense to this but are you sure this is true? I'm doing a first blush sniff test and i'm thinking this sort of math would make it useless (IMO) since mathematically there is an "and" statement there, so you have to multiply whatever the probabilities of dispel (as greater dispel goes through and rolls against each buff) is by 0.15 making it a very very low probability even against someone as with a very low CL.

For example, even if greater dispel had a probability of 100% (which it doesn't but pretty close) to dispel, you're still gonna need to land like 7 shots on avg to trigger a dispel that will get most of their buffs in one shot.

Is this how it is working in game?
100% certain.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.