How to make keyless entries fo characters?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cybernet21

How to make keyless entries fo characters?

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:10 am

So how do you make characters you want be able to have keyless acess to a quarter? Isn't that a thing?
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: How to make keyless entries fo characters?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:22 am

You attach your quarter to a faction, add said person to the faction, and give them the create key/keyless entry permission.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:20 pm

Alright,thanks
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:45 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:22 am
You attach your quarter to a faction, add said person to the faction, and give them the create key/keyless entry permission.
Generally, I don't recommend this. Where possible, just make a spare key and give it to them.

I absolutely DESPISE that these two actions are not two seperate permissions.

Just because I let a PC into my character's home without a key, does not in any way shape or form mean that I want that PC to be able to make keys that they can hand out to others.
There is a world of difference between:

'Here's a key'
and
'Here's a key mold, I'm expecting you not to abuse this and make more keys and give them to anyone untracably so I'll never know until things go missing so I can blow 70k changing the locks, only for me to make the same mistake and this happen again, and again, until I learn not to give people the ability to make keys'

Do not give this ability to people you don't trust implicitely on an OOC level, it never ends well.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)