Random Crashes: Any way to reduce them?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

-Heavyline-

Random Crashes: Any way to reduce them?

Post by -Heavyline- » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:13 pm

I've been experiencing these random crashes ever since I started playing almost month ago and Iam wondering if there's anything I can do to reduce them. Yesterday I shot someone with a Gonne and right after "I pulled the trigger" ... the game crashed. It was really embarrasing. These crashes have been very unpredictable and you have no idea when it happens. Sometimes I can play 3-4 hours in a row with no crash. Sometimes it happens 1 hour after I launch the game. All my graphical settings are at highest possible, 1080p-resolution and borderless window. The crashes usually happen when something exciting happens. Someone polymorphing, shooting with gonne, aoe spell etc.

Iam wondering if there are any suggestions you can give to make these crashes happen less often. My biggest worry right now are player events especially.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Random Crashes: Any way to reduce them?

Post by Twily » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Some people have reported less crashes if they disable all of the new special visual effects, vibrance, high contrast, etc.

Ultimately the best thing that can be done though is reporting the crashes to Beamdog so that they can fix them at the source.
https://support.baldursgate.com/project ... cker_id=11

When you create a new issue on their page there, you can attach files. It should default to the folder in which the crash log and dmp files are generated. Attach both the log and dmp file corresponding to that crash(they'll have the same name and date, aside from one being .log and the other .dmp).