Sun Elf Pale Master RP?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

D3V11_

Sun Elf Pale Master RP?

Post by D3V11_ » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 pm

I was wondering about other peoples opinion about making a Sun Elf Pale Master build and would it be a valid RP, Sun Elves are usually of good alignment from what I understand, but I know some can go down the wrong road to evil.

I was thinking making a Sun Elf that lacks the moral compass to understand that what he is doing is evil. He is trying to extend his life because he wants to continue living, he kills orcs and evil creatures usually to experiment on and using them for his projects, because they are evil he sees this act as not evil, and vies himself to be neutral. He dose understand that this is outlawed but disregards that because he himself dose not see this as a bad thing.

Is such a character viable as a Sun Elf RP wise?

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Sun Elf Pale Master RP?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 pm

It's viable, but you must always bear in mind that the character IS evil, regardless of what he believes, and act appropriately. He will necessarily be regarded as evil by certain characters, and will undoubtedly, at some point, be faced with the decision of whether to harm someone he normally wouldn't or abandon his work. Regardless of which way it goes, the result will have a heavy RP cost. If you think you can handle that, go for it. The rest should fall into place, as long as you do your research.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Sun Elf Pale Master RP?

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:27 pm

An ancient and noble house of Sun Elves once intentionally performed a bunch of evil shenanigans that resulted in them blending their blood line with demons to produce Fey'ri. This resulted in the sun elves attempting to exterminate an entire ancient noble house from existance.

One might argue that the Fey'ri are the only beings in the Realms that Sun Elves hate more than drow- because at least the drow came from a different variety of elf, the Illithyr. The Fey'ri, on the other hand, came directly from their own blood line, and is a mark of shame they can only attribute to themselves.

So yes, Sun Elves can certainly be deviant in their pursuits and methods of power- besides what TRM said about alignments and the issues of Realms and its morality being absolute, the other thing you'll want to remember is that the average sun elf will probably be disgusted with you.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002