Mage application?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Vixu

Mage application?

Post by Vixu » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:03 am

I was just wondering how long I should wait before sending a Speedy to someone regarding a mage tower interview. My character has posted a request about 4 in-game months ago. Thanks! :)

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Mage application?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:17 am

This should be addressed in game. My advice would be to bug random people at the tower until you find someone who knows something. If it's been that long without a response, then your note probably wasn't seen.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 am

As TRM says, odds are the note wasn't seen.
People are around the tower fairly often though, so finding someone there shouldn't be too hard and they can point you in the right direction or give you some names.

Do feel free to send a speedy to people though!(if you know which people to send it to)
If you're worried about interrupting what they're doing, you can send a quick tell to that player after the speedy being like "hey, don't want to interrupt if you're in the middle of anything; if it's not a good time just let me know and we can figure it out later" or something of that nature. Even if they are busy, their character will know your name and will be able to contact you as soon as they do have the time.(plus if you send a tell and they are busy they'll usually say so, then you don't have to worry about waiting around for ages only to have them not show up due to such)

Alantar
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Alantar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:55 am

Hello there,

It usually takes just a few days (RL) to answer to an application to the Tower. My character checks the application board almost every day so I do not know what could have happened, maybe we're in different time zones. Even so, I'm sure that it won't be hard for you to find a Master if you ask in the Tower.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:48 pm

Astra, one the Archmages has left a list of names on the boards that can be speedies for interviews, it shouldn't be that hard to find.