Lawful Good Wield Armor Requirement

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Joheshua

Lawful Good Wield Armor Requirement

Post by Joheshua » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:00 am

I saw this on an amulet in a shop and was wondering, if I am a neutral good cleric will I miss out on good gear that can only be used by the lawful Good?

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Lawful Good Wield Armor Requirement

Post by Twily » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 am

Unfortunately, yes.
The two aspects of alignment, Chaotic/Lawful and Good/Evil are treated separate properties, so if an item has both, you end up needing both to be able to use it.

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Twily wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 am
Unfortunately, yes.
The two aspects of alignment, Chaotic/Lawful and Good/Evil are treated separate properties, so if an item has both, you end up needing both to be able to use it.
So are there also pieces of armor that only a neutral good can use? Will being a neutral good cleric lock me out of the best cleric items at level 30?

Or is there still a full suit of equal gear I could get as a neutral good that is equivalent to the lawful good items?

Sucks finding stuff out like this after 10 levels lol

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:25 pm

As a cleric your best gear is going to be generic craftable or enchanted stuff anyways. Don't sweat it too much.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Hunter548 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:25 pm
As a cleric your best gear is going to be generic craftable or enchanted stuff anyways. Don't sweat it too much.
I am sweating lol

Would hate to get locked out of good or cool looking items due to being neutral heh, but this is somewhat reassuring.

Gonna try to find a cleric gear guide and see what sort of specifics clerics use.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:45 pm

I'd say it's better to build your character around RP and not mechanics/items. Those don't matter and can change, but if you feel your character is NG then you chose the correct alignment! Don't worry about it.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:45 pm
I'd say it's better to build your character around RP and not mechanics/items. Those don't matter and can change, but if you feel your character is NG then you chose the correct alignment! Don't worry about it.
Yeah I have a background for him, but Neutral and Lawful Good would both fit him, I am OCD about items and stats and stuff from playing other games heh

One thing I do not want to happen being a Holy Cleric is when I get an item like Helm of Righteousness or the Savior's Staff that when I try to wield it, it is designated as Lawful Good only, those are the kind of items my guy would wear.

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Ok, after reading a bit it is possible to change alignment with the help of a DM.

I have already been in one PVP fight over my code of justice(I punished who I thought was a murderer at the risk of starting a feud with an orc who was my friend) so I think that my guy would be more at home in the Lawful Good alignment from both a mechanical and thematical perspective.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:56 pm

I'm assuming this is for your healer cleric? I poked around the wiki, and there's only one LG-restricted item a healer cleric could use... and it's not very good for them. To my knowledge, there aren't any LG rare drops that will be useful to you either, so changing to LG is pretty pointless.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Baron Saturday wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:56 pm
I'm assuming this is for your healer cleric? I poked around the wiki, and there's only one LG-restricted item a healer cleric could use... and it's not very good for them. To my knowledge, there aren't any LG rare drops that will be useful to you either, so changing to LG is pretty pointless.
Yes for my healer cleric.

Where did you look at the items just for future reference, and I am not going to worry about changing it anytime soon. But even solely for the thematic reasons I will in the future, my character does have a code of ethics that it makes decisions with and I think Lawful Good is a better fit, especially since he is part of the organized Church of Dionysis( a Saint of Ilmater)

Thanks for looking man.

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:19 pm

You can get around the lawful-good restriction with enough UMD.

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Stats for craftable gear is on the wiki. Loot items are not Listed anywhere as the loot matrix is supposed to contain a suprise now and then (I’d guess) and loot table is changed on a semi regular basis