New player, some questions

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

aledroid

New player, some questions

Post by aledroid » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:13 am

Hello,

I just started playing, and I have some questions.

1 - Is there not a global chat? For OOC discussions should I refer to the forum?

2 - Is it easy to meet other players being low level or interactions are just at higher character level?

3 - When I see this player just joined or just left, does it mean they were in the current map or in the server? How can I know if somebody is around?

4 - I don´t much time to play during the week, does leveling require significant time investment? I don´t care not arriving to 20, but I would like to know how long is to for example get lvl 10.

5 - Are there scripted adventures? Like quests and so on? Is it more like an mmo or like the nwn campaign?

6 - What is a shadow mage? Is it a homebrewed class? Where can I find a description on how is it meant to be played?

7 - I wanted to play something connected to shadow dancer, can I do for example 3 monk/3rogue and start shadowdancer? Or do i risk to do a class combination that will not be viable later?

8 - Is there a discord server or all the community is on the forum?

Sorry for all the questions, I tried to research the wiki but couldn´t find the replies.

Alantar
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: New player, some questions

Post by Alantar » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 am

Hello,

1. Foor OOC discussions, you can use the forums or the discord channel.

2. Yes, interactions happen both at low and high level. Your character's level doesn't matter in that regard. Cordor or the Arcane Tower are both good places to start in the Surface server.

3. It means he has logged in or out the server in which you are. There are means to know if s character is close to you, but those means are cheesy and OOC.

4. With the new writ system, IDK (my character is previous to that), but reaching level 10 won't take you long. I'd say... around 20-30h?

5. There are writs, you can talk to the agent at the Nomad for more information.

6. Take a look at the Arelith wiki: http://wiki.arelith.com/Shadow_Mage

7. For that, I'd take a look at the Builds and Mechanics section on this forum or at the same section on the Discord channel

Welcome to Arelith

aledroid

Post by aledroid » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:07 am

Thank you for the replies!

What is the link to the discord server? I cannot find it anywhere.

LongDongPingPong

Post by LongDongPingPong » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 am

aledroid wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:07 am

What is the link to the discord server? I cannot find it anywhere.
This is the link to Arelith Discord server - https://discord.gg/ddbCpRX .

aledroid

Post by aledroid » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:15 am

Thank you!

Edit: another question.

Can I use mods such as Advanced Combat Animations Pack V4 while playing on Arelith?

Amineh123

Post by Amineh123 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:59 am

Unfortunately, no. Hopefully, soon.

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Hey there,

As for your questions 3 and 6 I guess there is always IC ways to find out things and learn about lore, even how classes work and such by RP with other characters who might have knowledge about these things. You can also hang by the nomad and connect to low lvl characters by talking about their writs and see if they match yours. I for one have only a certain amount of knowledge about the game/forgotten realms 3rd edition canon. So I try and take it as an opportunity to create RP about this lack of knowledge. Like, try and find a teacher for example. Look for certain tomes, investigate in game! That sort of RP can actually be very fun and rewarding not only for yourself but for your char and those who teach your char. Let your character develop and progress as he/she learns new things and masters new skills.