Cordor Wood/Stone/Food/Cloth

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Diilicious

Cordor Wood/Stone/Food/Cloth

Post by Diilicious » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Why do these resources keep disapearing, is this a bug?
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

DM Sollers

Re: Cordor Wood/Stone/Food/Cloth

Post by DM Sollers » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Hello, Diilicious.

It just became a new year in-game a few RL hours ago. This happens on Day 1, Month 1, Hour 0 of each game year. Resources are automatically removed at the turning of a new year to pay the costs for storage space and active exiles.

The base costs for storage space are...

LOW: 5000 Stone/Metal/Wood
MEDIUM: 10000 Stone/Metal/Wood
HIGH: 15000 Stone/Metal/Wood

If the settlement has 70+ citizens, these costs are increased depending on the amount of excess citizens.

The costs for active exiles are...

5000 Food/Cloth/Metal/Wood/Stone PER exile

Settlements may also purchase resources from each other if they have a trade agreement...

Settlement A opens a trade agreement with Settlement B. Settlement B may now purchase resources from Settlement A. If Settlement B does not reciprocate the trade agreement, Settlement A will not be able to purchase resources from Settlement B.
Be kind.

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:11 am

Oh thats quite interesting, I suppose I never noticed that happening before because every settlement just seems to have unbelievable number of each resource so it doesnt make a dent.
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Cordor has been in an oddspot recently.

Speaking of which, do towns control who can become a citizen in order to limit drains kn resources?
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

flower

Post by flower » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:18 pm

StrykerMontgomery wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Speaking of which, do towns control who can become a citizen in order to limit drains kn resources?
No.

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:32 pm

You think having citizens is a good thing, but it just sounds like denizens that arbitrarily drain resources (while gaining no benefit out of sais resources lost to the void).
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:01 pm

The more citizens a settlement has the more Exiles they can have mechanically as well. Not to mention if a player is a citizen in a settlement they likely try to own property there or shops. Which bring in tax income
Howling around all year long

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:03 pm

StrykerMontgomery wrote:

Cordor ignored theirs for a long time was the problem, with like.. 12+ exiles, where as the others actively held contests and had goals for keeping theirs stocked and raised. <xD

Plus absolutely no one was trading with cordor, so that didn't help.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Atlantahammy wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:03 pm
StrykerMontgomery wrote:

Cordor ignored theirs for a long time was the problem, with like.. 12+ exiles, where as the others actively held contests and had goals for keeping theirs stocked and raised. <xD

I heard they had their stockpile repeatedly drained by political enemies which they could do nothing to stop.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Nitro wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:22 pm
Atlantahammy wrote:
StrykerMontgomery wrote:

I heard they had their stockpile repeatedly drained by political enemies which they could do nothing to stop.
I'm not actually sure, but by the math i did, regardless if someone did steal, or not they where low on resources before that, and would have been in economic decay still, since exiles alone already would of depleted one of their stocks, and badly lowered the others.

Btw! Thank you DM Sollers, that helps with getting people to understand how the resource system works, it's really confusing at first.

DM Sollers

Post by DM Sollers » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Mythic wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:01 pm
The more citizens a settlement has the more Exiles they can have mechanically as well.
That is correct. Unless it was changed, Cordor may have 3 + 1 per 20 citizens. All other settlements may have 3 + 1 per 10 citizens.
Atlantahammy wrote:Btw! Thank you DM Sollers, that helps with getting people to understand how the resource system works, it's really confusing at first.
Of course. I agree that it can be a lot to take in. Fortunately, most of the information is able to be found on our citizenship system wiki page. If you see something that isn't up-to-date, let us know so that we can amend it.
Be kind.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Removing a citizen's citizenship.

I do not think this is still possible? I could never find it in all the options I had as mayor of Bendir for 5 months.

Possibly the ability to revoke somebodies citizenship was revoked?
Howling around all year long

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:05 pm

I believe the ability to revoke someone's citizenship was removed back when the ability to see the list of citizens was removed.

There was a time when a settlement leader could speak to the Registrar and see who was a member of their settlement and revoking citizenship was a thing. This changed quite a while ago.

DM Sollers

Post by DM Sollers » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:06 pm

The line probably got overlooked since there's only one other mention of revoking citizenship on the current rendition. I'll flag somebody to fix it.
Be kind.

RoyalBlood

Post by RoyalBlood » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:17 pm

The permissions to -see- citizenships still exist, but there is no option to actually see it. Which is kind of confusing and I've made some decisions assuming citizenship could be revoked! So yeah the text is kinda a mess.

DM Sollers

Post by DM Sollers » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 pm

The in-game dialogue definitely should have been revised when the change was pushed through. I'll ask about it.

EDIT: Wiki updated by our lovely local fairy queen, Titania. Still looking into the in-game dialogue.
Be kind.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:57 pm

Storage costs resources,, but not sure it has been mentioned but each exile I believe costs resources. 5000 per exile I think it is/was. So if Cordor has say 10 exiles, that can become quite expensive at the start of the year. I think Cordor also suffers now from less people collecting. Before Cordor was the only surface start point, so a lot of people were earning coin by collecting for the town. With so many start points now, there are less people selling to the city.
There is reasons to be a citizen now where in the past towns discourged people from being a citizen since there was no benefit to becoming one and all it did was drain a towns resources.

flower

Post by flower » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:11 pm

I was told that to drain resources off you need to be a Citizen first.

However idea of hins, dwarves, and elves camping cordorian reasources to make it bancrupt is very odd and silly and with friend we laughed ech time someone raises it IC. The fact is rather noone really cared for Cordor, just stopped trading with it. And various exceses by its chancellors and officials towards other settlements, attempts to force different demands never worked in favor of Cordor to see it changed.

Cordor is in bad position lorewise as well. Imagine that leading player plays "only" chancellor. If people IC pushed for equality of dealing (and i know in past dwarves did, demanding meeting with king and dms refusing), Myon and Brogenstein and possible Guldorand after update, would insist on dealing with the highest authority (cordorian king), not by an administrator who has no say in foreign policy or cannot command cordorian army.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Not sure if being a citizen drains resources anymore, I think it use to. But after double checking on wiki, exiles do cost 5,000 resources per exile at the start of every year.

Halfsized Heroes

Post by Halfsized Heroes » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 am

Atlantahammy wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:27 pm
Nitro wrote:
Atlantahammy wrote:

I'm not actually sure, but by the math i did, regardless if someone did steal, or not they where low on resources before that, and would have been in economic decay still, since exiles alone already would of depleted one of their stocks, and badly lowered the others.

Not really. Cordor pulls in enough of each of their resources to easily meet their yearly needs (after their resource stocks were drained, they'd already met their sizable yearly requirements around 5 months into the year) - since you aren't supposed to be able to purchase resources from a city below their yearly resource requirements, they would have been 100% fine-and-dandy.

The issue was that the protection against buying out a settlement entirely was bugged. It didn't stop people from actually doing it. So a player (or players) deliberately bought the settlement's resources down to 0 in the eleventh hour, all the while ignoring the fact that the NPC was telling them everytime they made a purchase that he wouldn't sell to them below the city's resource needs. It wasn't just "economic sabotage by political enemies", it was baldfaced exploitation of a bug to screw over an entire faction without a single shred of interactivity.

Let's not, out of game, mistake one group of people purportedly being lazy or inept with someone else actually engaging in deliberately malicious acts.

MineTurtle

Post by MineTurtle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:06 am

Halfsized Heroes wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 am
Atlantahammy wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:27 pm
Nitro wrote:

Not really. Cordor pulls in enough of each of their resources to easily meet their yearly needs (after their resource stocks were drained, they'd already met their sizable yearly requirements around 5 months into the year) - since you aren't supposed to be able to purchase resources from a city below their yearly resource requirements, they would have been 100% fine-and-dandy.

The issue was that the protection against buying out a settlement entirely was bugged. It didn't stop people from actually doing it. So a player (or players) deliberately bought the settlement's resources down to 0 in the eleventh hour, all the while ignoring the fact that the NPC was telling them everytime they made a purchase that he wouldn't sell to them below the city's resource needs. It wasn't just "economic sabotage by political enemies", it was baldfaced exploitation of a bug to screw over an entire faction without a single shred of interactivity.

Let's not, out of game, mistake one group of people purportedly being lazy or inept with someone else actually engaging in deliberately malicious acts.
This feels like the sort of thing that should be kept to DM reports and not for general consumption and or accusations on the forums.

sad_zav

Post by sad_zav » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:51 am

accusations of cordor's factions being lazy and neglectful aren't nice, either
Currently plays Peregrine Gwil and Rick Snyder.

Formerly played Mel Aran, Antoine Moreau, and Zanril.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:29 am

MineTurtle has the right of it.
Please don't feed my sister.