Struggling to log in

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Astral

Struggling to log in

Post by Astral » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 am

Hi all. I'm back and got my EE from steam.

Now I really struggle with computers and with the configurations and all that stuff. Currently I cant open a character. I get the "character deleted" message every time. I have no idea how to change login or if I even need to(?) and I dont know how to get my old characters back from the old nwn. I scrolled a bit through the forums and found some information that mostly got me even more confused about what I need to do. I could really use some more guidance for dummies. Thanks a lot.

P.S. also I cant get the windowed mode to work. I changed the AllowWindowedMode = 1. Borderless =1. Fullscreen = 0 and still it doesnt go windowed. But that's really a secondary issue, first I just want to make a character and play.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Struggling to log in

Post by LittleWeasel » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:59 am

Hi Astral,

Welcome back to Arelith. You'll find, you are not the first one who struggled with this (I was one of them, too and need to fiddle quite a bit).

You will find most important information described here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17387

The most important bit is:
Do you still have your 1.69 Vanilla NWN installation? If YES! Then follow the instructions in the link above. Particularly the following steps:
2) Link your NWN 1.69 CD Key to your EE for character / player name migration

A big thing to do is properly linking your CD key from NWN 1.69 to EE. And, I have received a lot of questions on how to properly do this as there may be some confusion from the instructions that Dunshine had presented.

Here are the steps:

From your NWN 1.69 Directory (so the current game of NWN you play), you will need to copy the file nwncdkey.ini
You will then need to locate your NWN EE directory to add this file to where their key is located. To do this, you will need to go into your Documents and then select the Neverwinter Nights folder. If the folder does not exist, you will need to launch NWN: EE for the first time to generate this.
Paste that document inside that folder and you should have both an nwncdkey.ini and a cdkey.ini file.
If you do /not/ have your old CD Key anymore, send me a PM, or poke me on Discord (Koalaroo#7522) and we'll figure it out together.

LW
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*

Astral

Re: Struggling to log in

Post by Astral » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:33 am

Alright I'll do all of that and PM you if i'm unlucky. Thanks a lot for the swift response!
Currently playing: Seth Xylo