Random acid damage from where?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Hinty

Random acid damage from where?

Post by Hinty » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:00 am

So, not sure if this is a bug or a feature I am unaware of hence posting here not bugs.

Twice now while crawling the sewers of Cordor my feylock has gained a 1d4 Acid damage temp buff on their melee weapon. But I did nothing to aply it. The first time it happened was when I used an eldritch blast in a tough fight, and I thought maybe it was related, but then, many many fights later it never happened. Now it has happened again, this time after casting a sleep spell targeted at the ground, so no blast. Might have happened just before i cast, as the spell was an opening move, but cant be sure.

So basicly, is this normal? If so should I know where it comes from or is it FoiG?

azrael_athing

Re: Random acid damage from where?

Post by azrael_athing » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:39 am

I think that killing certain slimes at times gives this effect.

No source.

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:42 am

That could well be the cause.. First time I was using my bow most of the time, so wouldn't have noticed until later when I switched to my dagger.. second time there was definitely some slime killing around about that time, and I have been avoiding the slimes most of the time what with them being mind immune.

Thanks, think that's very likely to be the solution.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Yep, I've noticed it too! And it saved my day because I was able to kill the sewer troll with my temporary acidified sword.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:49 am

Kill a few slimes. Then try to kill those nasty trolls. ;)
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"