Status of Sibayad

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Hunter548

Status of Sibayad

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:34 pm

So a couple of years ago, the Sibayad Merchant League was added, as I recall to dispel the various people who had claimed rights to ruling the place. It's not presently set up as a Settlement.

So, what's the official line on Sibayad? Is it impossible for players to "claim" it or run it as was done a few years ago? Discouraged? Are players discouraged from running guilds or organizations out of it, or even semi-official organizations (A Sibayad merchant cartel, or mage's guild, for example)? How much power is the merchant league "supposed" to have, and how much say/control on what happens in Sibayad?
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Status of Sibayad

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:04 pm

The Sibiyad Merchant guild do indeed 'rule' Sibiyad, but for the most part what they expect is to make money.

If people start claiming to 'rule' Sibiyad, to enforce their own laws ect - then they will probably object and their may be Consequences.

Likewise if people start putting major effort in doing things that are contrary to the setting, there may be pushback. (e.g. Monster races Living in Sibiyad, or trying to 'kill all slavers' or 'ban slavery' in Sibiyad. )

That being said, if players want to run organizations out of it they're probably fine.

If they want to run the 'Sibiyad Mage Guild' well, in all but the most niche situations they're probably fine.

IF they want to run something like 'The Sibiyad Defence Leauge' (a group of pcs 'protecting' Sibiyad,) once more they're probably fine BUT in theory the Merchant Guild would have final word. (though this is unlikely to come up, excepting in the points in doing things counter to the setting.)

Hope that answers your question?
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:53 pm

All of the above can also readily apply to Skal, in terms of what you can and can't do and respecting the setting.
Please don't feed my sister.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:55 am

All of that does answer my question, thank you!
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.