Shadowmage

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Zeratul

Shadowmage

Post by Zeratul » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi, I'm totally new to rp and have bad english, but i wanted to try rp, so I registered to this forum to get started.
I'm intrugued about the shadowmage but have no idea which races are ok for RP with it since it has to worship Shar.
Being new i have a question about the character's lore, is it a must ? where should i write it, in character sheet or in the forum, or both?

Tourmaline

Re: Shadowmage

Post by Tourmaline » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Any race is "okay", except a few oddballs like Fey that you couldn't play anyway, but human is probably the safest bet if you don't know the server and individual races lore. Playing a sun elf might be enticing for example but the RP would be much more complicated.

Don't write the lore anywhere.. Tell it to others in game other otherwise RP it out. The character sheet is for the description, and the forum shouldn't really be used for IG info that isn't public knowledge.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Do keep in mind that your Shadow Mage will experience hatred and fear from other characters who know him or her to be a Shadow Mage. It's up to you if you want to roleplay your association with Shar openly or not.

Any race of any non-good alignment can be a Shadow Mage. It is a very flexible class roleplay wise aside from it being tied to Shar.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Probably shouldn't be mentioning it much in RP anyway, Shar is the goddess of secrets and the shadow weave is by far her biggest secret.

Anyone who cant keep a secret would never be given access to the weave in the first place.

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:45 am

Shadowmage might not be the best pick if you are new vs say a cookie cutter mage that can always have a later on plot twist.
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:54 am

Thank you for the answers.
So you think that is hard for a beginner to RP a shadow mage?
U think a drow could be a suitable race?

Tourmaline

Post by Tourmaline » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:05 am

I know this may go against what I said before but.. If the idea of something inspires you, just play it. It's always better to play some concept you're into than playing it safe.

Drow shadow mage is fine, give it a try. If it doesn't work out you can always roll a new character.

Nobs

Post by Nobs » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:37 am

Try it have fun with it and dont be afraid to rp what you want.
We all where in your shoes when we started to play rp games like this :)

And ask questions about what ever your want to know , many people wil give you a hand in this comunity.

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:15 pm

thank u very much u are very kind